• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer (CT) - Regular to Reserve [MERGED]

topo4u20 said:
Just a couple of quick questions on this subject since I'm considering the same. Do you keep your spec pay if you CT to Pr Reserve in the same trade? Also, I presume no move or expenses are paid if you join Prim Res in another City and Province?
Thanks

Spec Pay and Reserves?  ;D

If you are Releasing, you are entitled to a move to where you plan on 'settling down'.  Depending on you length of Service, this may depend on where you joined, and if the distance to where you want to move is the same or not.  Your Release Section Clerks should be able to tell you exactly what you are entitled to, depending on your length of Service, etc.

PuckChaser said:
According to DGCB, only the following trades in the PRes get Spec pay:

Helicopter Shipborne Sensor Operations
Maritime Patrol Sensor Operator
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer - Junior
Search and Rescue Technician
Aerospace Control Operator - Radar Control
Aerospace Telecommunications & Information Systems Technician
Aviation Systems Technician
Avionics Systems Technician
Aircraft Structure Technician

Link: http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb-dgras/ps/je-ee/faq/otguao-mjgpmga-eng.asp

A friend of mine is LCIS. He transferred to the reserves and kept his spec pay.

Likewise, there is a remaining LCIS tech at the same unit who's been reserve since he enrolled. It may not be a listed reserve occupation anymore, but there's still some out there.

Thanks George...I will be setting up an appt in early new year and find out.
Puckchaser.....I guess you did not see Comm Research on that list?

PRes Comm Rsch does not get Spec Pay unless they are on Cl C and are QL5 qualified.

Brasidas: LCIS was on the list, but I wasn't sure if they even took RegF to PRes transfers into that trade since it's not offered anymore, so I took it off.

Thanks Puckchaser,

what is this  on Cl C and are QL5 qualified. in red?

CL C = Class C, basically filling a Reg Force Position. Member gets same pay and benefits as a Reg Force Member.

Class C is used mainly when on an Operational Tour outside of Canada but can also be used inside Canada for specific Domestic Operations....

Hello there. I'm going to get right to the point.

For various reasons, personal and professional, I've decided that I can't be happy and stay where I am. I want to live with my soon to be fiance and go to college and have somewhat of a life... Versus getting drunk every night in the shacka and cleaning floors 3 times a day. But I'd like to stay in the army and work weekends and a few nights every week. Im back to work soon and I'd like to know if I should be asking for a vr and then joining a reserve unit when I'm out, or if its possible to ct from reg to res.

Justasoldier86 said:
Versus getting drunk every night in the shacka and cleaning floors 3 times a day.

You know that regular military life is not like that outside of initial training right ?

CDN Aviator said:
You know that regular military life is not like that outside of initial training right ?

Apparently not.

Regards

CDN Aviator said:

I've been living it for over 7 months, I get what it's like and I don't want anything to do with it any more.

Anyways, thanks for the above links I'll check them out.

Justasoldier86 said:
I've been living it for over 7 months, I get what it's like and I don't want anything to do with it any more.

WOW....a whole 7 months or 6 and a half ?

Kid, i've been doing this for 18 years. Its been over a decade and a half since i waxed floors daily and i have not lived in the shacks since 1996. In fact, i dont wax floors at all since my condo has laminate flooring. I do drink at home every now and then........

Good luck, you're not going to like military life anywhere.

Its ok, that opens up a Combat Arms spot for someone that really wants in.

Hi,
I have an uncommon situation.  I am a 2Lt on the BTL list who failed pilot training and want to join the reserves.  I have a unit that has a NCM position for me.  The release section told me that I can't CT because I am untrained.  Does this make sense?  I can join the Reg force in any open NCM trades but can not join the reserves.  I have four years in (most of it waiting for the phase 1 pilot course), completeing my BOTC, BSERE, sea survival, and AMT courses, 4 OPME's, 3 years at an operational sqn with a lot of admin experience.  I asked the release section for the admin instruction/order for this issue and none was produced.  I have excellent work ethics and believe I can continue to be an effective member in the forces as a reservist. 
Can anyone provide me with assistance?
Thanks

The rule is that you have to be trade qualified to CT from the Regular to Reserve Force. This information comes directly from the release secion and the PSO at CFB Winnipeg. I know it sucks, but the only option seems to be release from the Reg Force and then apply to the Reserves when you get out.

I'm going through the exact same situation, and I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't transfer directly to the reserves.

Elwood said:
but the only option seems to be release from the Reg Force and then apply to the Reserves when you get out.

The issue then becomes one of obligatory service. Did the CF pay for the OP's education ?

That's fine to say that the info comes from the PSO and the release section but there has to be an admin instruction/order so that there is a guideline/standard to follow.

And there is no compulsory time that I have to serve.

Back