• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer Question: Armour Corps

bbereziuk

Inactive
Reaction score
Here's the situation:

-  I'm currently a qualified R82 Maritime Intelligence Officer - I'm finishing up an M.A. in Kingston and was hoping to transfer into the reg. force by the summer. (I submitted my CT in October and its moving along).

- I did not meet the service time requirements to transfer into the intelligence branch.  To do this, I need to work for another two years at a Class B capacity.

- I'm not a big fan of the idea of putting a potential career on hold for two years, so I put in for a transfer to the Armour Corps.

- The recruiting center in Kingston informed me that if I get accepted to the Armour Corps in April, I may not actually start work until September since I have already completed BOTC, and phase two does not start until that time.

- The problem:  Being out of work for four months would be crap (I have loads of student debt).. and I'm not a big fan of the idea of working at some coffee shop for the summer.

.... So.. anyone care enough to comment on this situation?  Is there a high ranking armour officer out there that needs a Mar. Int. officer for the summer?

--Please advise..

Although the Crse dates are in September, that is no saying that you will not be employed by the Corps prior to that.  It may not be glamourous, but you may get a job as a gofer at the School.  In that capacity, you may be a Crse Offr's assistant and get some insight as to what the courses being run there are like.  You may land up in their OR doing photocopying, or doing some other odd job.  As an Res Int O, you'll be able to scope out what is going on.  ;D  As you state the time frame you are concerned about is from April to Sept, I am sure that you will find any employment at the School educational, as these are the dates that have the most Courses in house, and you will gain knowledge even if not on one of them.

If you don't already have a Language Profile, you may be put on Language Training.

The possibilities are endless.  I highly doubt you would be unemployed.

Back