• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer

Private

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all I'm a new recruit, about 2 months in as a reserve engineer, waitin to go on basic training. I've been thinkin alot lately about transferring over to the regular force, as I can't wait to get through my civvy week to get back to the base.

Anyway lookin for someone who's had recent experience with component transfers? I'm hoping to go from PRes Combat Engineer to RegF Combat Engineer. I expect it will likely take as long as my application, which was about 10 months. Also wondering what courses i should take before putting in the transfer? Should i put in the app after my BMQ/BMQ(L) this summer? Maybe before just to get the ball rolling? Wait till my first trades course?

Also wondering if i stay active with my PRes unit while the transfer is going through

feel free to move this to the appropriate thread, didnt see the Occupational and Component Transfers thread.

Private said:
Hey all I'm a new recruit, about 2 months in as a reserve engineer, waitin to go on basic training. I've been thinkin alot lately about transferring over to the regular force, as I can't wait to get through my civvy week to get back to the base.

Anyway lookin for someone who's had recent experience with component transfers? I'm hoping to go from PRes Combat Engineer to RegF Combat Engineer. I expect it will likely take as long as my application, which was about 10 months. Also wondering what courses i should take before putting in the transfer? Should i put in the app after my BMQ/BMQ(L) this summer? Maybe before just to get the ball rolling? Wait till my first trades course?

Also wondering if i stay active with my PRes unit while the transfer is going through

I can tell you now that the Career Managers don't even look at files without BMQ/BMQ(L). Finish it first then hand in your transfer.

SevenSixTwo said:
I can tell you now that the Career Managers don't even look at files without BMQ/BMQ(L). Finish it first then hand in your transfer.

This was not the case with me.

Wilshire Blvd. said:
This was not the case with me.

Your telling me that since December 2009 when you joined Pres you didn't pick up BMQ+SQ?

Because the files don't even show up on the system until BMQ and SQ is entered into the course system.

Any idea when the career managers are going to start to make offers for component transfers? Trade I applied for is Artillery, interview done and recommended, been waiting for two and a half years, been told all I need is a position to open up. Right now files are with the careers managers on a board and my file manager has told em no one has heard anything yet from them.

I do agree I am a broken record but again, the anticipation is getting too much

Artillery or Artilleryman?  That is, officer or NCM?  Different requirements for the two occupations.  As well, your file may dictate whether and when they would take you - will you have to re-do DP1 training?  In that case, there wouldn't be an offer until they see the training lining up for you.

Each case is unique and the conditions are different.  Instead of fretting about it, work to develop your skills and take training that's offered to make yourself a more attractive candidate.

I am going as a Artillery Officer, from Mars (BMQ + Netpo completed), file manger told me that I am in a category labelled DEO/Nonskilled applicant, and they have two positions available for that category.

So for the last two years I have done all I can, improved my physcial training and also life experience as I cannot gain any training through the trade I am currently in, nor take leave from my civy job.

Coyner said:
I am going as a Artillery Officer, from Mars (BMQ + Netpo completed), file manger told me that I am in a category labelled DEO/Nonskilled applicant, and they have two positions available for that category.

So for the last two years I have done all I can, improved my physcial training and also life experience as I cannot gain any training through the trade I am currently in, nor take leave from my civy job.

Seen.  I seem to recall that there's a training backlog for Artillery, so that may be part of the issue.

On the personal development side, have you looked at the ALLIES online language training system?  Putting some work into a second language profile would also help in your future career (and, who knows, might even help in your current civilian job).

Interesting.

I have thought about, taking the academic on-line courses, it will be be something I will look into once I hear back whether I get an offer or not.

I been reading on hear and it sounds like the offers and decision will be coming out the end of May.

Coyner said:
Any idea when the career managers are going to start to make offers for component transfers? Trade I applied for is Artillery, interview done and recommended, been waiting for two and a half years, been told all I need is a position to open up. Right now files are with the careers managers on a board and my file manager has told em no one has heard anything yet from them.

I do agree I am a broken record but again, the anticipation is getting too much

Word on the street is September-ish for most trades.  However, that may be just straight CT, not OT/CT.  In any case, be patient because it can take a while.  (I am waiting, too. ;))

Back