• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Comprehension check: TAV

• Thread starter Deleted member 585
  • Start date

To what does the Canadian military acronym "TAV" most commonly refer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 585

Have you ever asked the meaning of some casually tossed-around acronym and been given 'multiple choice' answers?

It seems that Theatre Activation Team (TAT), and Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) were commonly understood... but there was a chorus of crickets and rolling tumbleweeds when someone asked, "Uh, what's a TAV?"  :-X

Torture Another Victim? Tarantula Anti-Venom?  8)

Michael Dorosh said:
I think "Tactical Assault Vest" sounds much cooler than the dumb poll options above.

Well, I can certainly add it to the choices if you like...  ;D

Didn't this get the blessing of the Director General of acronyms?

My fav is when I was issued CSS...

Combat Service Support;
no,

the Combat Sock System......

Cheers
AM

a23trucker said:
Didn't this get the blessing of the Director General of acronyms?

My fav is when I was issued CSS...

Combat Service Support;
no,

the Combat Sock System......

Cheers
AM

I hear you!  The socks hardly need an acronym.

Cheers!

Socks, Acronym?  how about Tactical Ankle Valise, after all isn't that what TAV stands for?

even better, what are those boots called you know, the ones we are supposed to wear when its too cold or too wet for the standard issue Mk 3 Cbt Boot?

FatwogCpl said:
Socks, Acronym?   how about Tactical Ankle Valise, after all isn't that what TAV stands for?

Fatwog... I like it.  It'll be in the *Director General of Acronyms' inbox on Friday.

*(thanks to a23thrucker for the suggested hierarchy).

Armymedic said:
even better, what are those boots called you know, the ones we are supposed to wear when its too cold or too wet for the standard issue Mk 3 Cbt Boot?

Wet Weather Boots?

geo said:
How about the official "CWWB" plus the POS = POSCWWB

Edited to add: Please don't ask what the official "C" stands for because I don't think we're actually allowed to wear them in the "Cold"  >:D

Apperently it means Combat?!?
as in Cbt wet weather....sounds plausible to me....they are designed to go down to -10 C, so always thought it was Cold. But hey I have been wrong once before.

Actually it was intended as the Cold WWB, the problem with the vibram sole freezing up was discovered after the implementation and issue of the boot. A huge project is currently underway to have them all re-soled with a better (non-freezing and slip-resistant) vibram sole.

Try talking to someone who has no miltary experience or exposure. We use acronyms so much and expect people to understand what we are talking about, when really we come off as big tools to the the people we talk to and the people we talk to are tools because they don't understand. Just keep your patience witht he new people who don't understand fully. Or the old people who have had the same acronym change 4 times in his carrer to expalin the same thing.
1 CAD is now 1 Can Air Div
FART = Forward Area Refuelling Tender

Well thats just me sitting here from my perspective in WG WLOG kinda world  waiting for a CC-150 to come in and I can unload a few LD3s. Or who Knows maybe a SAR config is in order later in the day. Either way I have to go and do a DI on the FMC.

mover1 said:
Well thats just me sitting here from my perspective in WG WLOG kinda world  
Are you wearing TaCcows, CageCows or EcCows outside?? Forget it... probably CEMS ICE right?  ;)

armyvern said:
Actually it was intended as the Cold WWB, the problem with the vibram sole freezing up was discovered after the implementation and issue of the boot. A huge project is currently underway to have them all re-soled with a better (non-freezing and slip-resistant) vibram sole.
which is where the POS thingie comes up ;)

FART = Forward Area Refuelling Tender

and people call me an old fart.... well, I guess they can always come and refuell on me for methane ;)

Are we talking about the Boots, Rubber, Gumby?  They have some cold weather applications, but for the most part are just slippery pain in the a$$ footwear. 

Back