Compulsory Occupational Transfer [COT] questions

Navyynick

Reaction score
Sorry if this was already asked, but for Med COT you DO retain rank and pay correct? a CPL will not get demoted from a Med Cot correct?

garb811

Army.ca Veteran
Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Navyynick said:
Sorry if this was already asked, but for Med COT you DO retain rank and pay correct? a CPL will not get demoted from a Med Cot correct?
You will retain the Cpl rank. This is true of a VOT as well, nobody gets demoted below Cpl/LS as a result of a *OT.

Sub_Guy

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Banana said:
I haven’t gone to the MIR because I don’t want to get recoursed.

Go to MIR. We all get it, but at the end of the day you need to take care of yourself.

The last thing you want is to be deemed unfit for the trade or medically released in a few years because you can’t walk.

I don’t think you’ll find anyone on here who has never once thought what I quoted from your post.

BeyondTheNow

Army.ca Veteran
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
dapaterson said:
Nope.  QR&O 3.01 still has not been amended, so despite the CRCN, the rank is still LS.

New rank structure took effect 4th Sep.

dapaterson

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Legal authority for designation of rank is NDA 21(2), as expressed in QR&O 3.01, under the authority of the Governor in Council.

CRCN has no legal authority to issue an order changing it.

BeyondTheNow

Army.ca Veteran
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
dapaterson said:
Legal authority for designation of rank is NDA 21(2), as expressed in QR&O 3.01, under the authority of the Governor in Council.

CRCN has no legal authority to issue an order changing it.

While that may be so, ‘whatever’ powers that be have put it into full effect across the RCN. How that translates in writing isn’t up to me. Technicality at this point...just passing the info along.

Navyynick

Reaction score
I got my disclosure package from DMCA last week and accepted the CMOT offer. Does anyone know the average wait time until a message is cut for training/BTL posting after forwarding the offer back to DMCA,

Thanks

MJP

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Navyynick said:
I got my disclosure package from DMCA last week and accepted the CMOT offer. Does anyone know the average wait time until a message is cut for training/BTL posting after forwarding the offer back to DMCA,

Thanks

DGMC-5 is fairly fast so usually within 30 days or less.

LogO Air

Reaction score

Thanks
Hi, i did my interview with pso for cmot 3 weeks ago, i did not receive the offer yet. Is the delay normal? Is the offer sent by Email or Mail (post)?
Thank you