• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Conduct after Capture Instructor (CACI)

allista

Inactive
Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

I was wondering if anybody on this board could provide any insight into the training or duties of Conduct after Capture Instructors, or CACIs.

Now admittedly I still haven't been enrolled yet (final processing stage) and the oft-repeated mantra of "get in first, finish BMQ" rings true, and while CAC and CACI information cannot be disclosed to the public, I was wondering if anybody on here could give me a little insight, I think I would like to pursue this in the future and am just interested in learning a bit more, though I'd understand the reluctance to disclose anything to a mere civilian. Thank you!

What makes you want to pursue this in the future?
As per this article from 2017 that I dug up:

"Ideally, CAC training will induce sufficiently high levels of transient controlled stress to facilitate inoculation, following which a return to baseline will occur. However, to date, the effects of training-related stress on psychological and physiological function in CAC training have not been quantified. The basic structure of CAC training resembles some core features of the U.S. military's captivity survival training course—termed Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape (SERE)."

If studying conduct after capture training in allied nations is anything to go by, a significant amount of time is dedicated to survival skills, mental toughness, and both learning as well as teaching the skills required to survive in a hostile environment, this appeals to me greatly, both the aspect of inoculating people against and training them to function in high-stress situations, as well as myself learning the same tools and subject matter, albeit so I would be able to accurately deliver the training as an instructor. I hope this makes sense

It does. Canada's CAC school is world class. You'll need to be at least a corporal and a qualified instructor to attend selection according to their website.

JTF-X hosts recruitment drives every year, once you join you might be able to garner a little more info there.

It does. Canada's CAC school is world class. You'll need to be at least a corporal and a qualified instructor to attend selection according to their website.

JTF-X hosts recruitment drives every year, once you join you might be able to garner a little more info there.
Thank you again.

I'll put this on the back burner until at least completing BMQ (if I get that far), but dang this sounds up my alley and I would love to look into it further once I am able to. Working in small teams with hardworking, talented CAF members that live and breathe survivalism and mental toughness? It sounds like an awesome place to learn and in time, teach.

I guess if any CACIs on this site are reading (unlikely but hey it's worth a shot) my questions would be:
  • Do CACIs tend to stay with the school for the duration of their career, or are they prone to being RTU'd after a period of time?
  • What are the medical standards/requirements?
  • Does becoming a CACI bar pers from joining or putting in for different units, like how they aren't eligible to join JTFX as interrogators due to conflicting mission sets?

Back