• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Considering a remuster to Engr from Sigs, any thoughts?

JimmyPeeOn

Inactive
Reaction score
Well,  I'm sick of the computer crap.  I wanted to go 043 during recruiting but it was "closed".  Some people say im a nutbar, but i think its what I wanna do.  If i could get a general blurb on what you guys do in garrison (even though its probably the same pooch poking we do) and in the field it would be appreciated.

cheerz
:skull:

Well I can only speak for 2 CER, 4 Tp but the time spent in Garrison is filled with courses, taskings and training.  There is always LAV Driver, Gunner and Crew Commander courses on the go as well as the other normals courses. Driver wheel, comms, etc.

We have a fairly robust training calendar here which means that there is very little sitting around.  It is our mentality that troops can't sit around. If they do, they become bored. Our NCO's are capable of ramping up low cost trg with little or no notice. We have excellent facilities and lots of demolition targets to plan and train on.

PT is from 0730-0830 normally however depending on the days plan, it often runs longer which is not a bad thing.

Anything else you want to know, just holler.

CHIMO!

Maybe use the Mk 1 eyeball and read through some of the previous threads. I'm sure all has been answered before.

:salute:

i switched from sigs to engineers and don't regret it.  it's way cooler.  we do demolitions, mine warefare, heavy equipment, and infantry tasks.  go for it!  computers are only fun for so long.  just make sure you're in good shape.
chimo :cdn:

Hello. listen don't do it. I spent a number of years as an army engineer, and don't regret it in the least. However, I feel you will "waste" a remuster if you move from an army operator trade to another army operator trade. Use a remuster to better your quality of life. Be that better wage, better work environment, better postings, etc. Look for a trade that will do that for you. Being a sapper is fun, but it is young man's work, and is down in the mud and the blood. Get a tech job. Tell you what go Airforce. Take it from me, I've been in the army and Navy, and the Airforce is the place to be.

i agree with gully on that one was a Spr for 14yrs and then transfered to a better way of life pick a trade that will give you some employment opertunties once you time is up in the CF hey i loved my job as a Spr but what could i carry it onto in the Civie world

Remember that there are more trades in the Engineers besides the Combat Engineers.

you know what i never even considered that Jun i guess if you read his original question it stated he was looking at remustering to 043 and i do believe that is the Field Enginner MOC

Thanks guys,

Well if it's a young man's game thats alright, I'm 21 and in pretty good shape.  I was raised around 043's my dad was one, so I've got a good understanding of how it "was".  I know my trade has diversified incredibly and was wondering if FE has done the same.  Besides,  I have 22yrs left in the army I might as well do something I WANT to do.

Why would I go airforce or navy?  Thats just going farther away from my goal, if the recruiter would have told me I was going to be fixing computer problems all day he would have been removing my papers with vice grips.

thanks a lot, and keep em coming.  Opinions from you guys are invalueable to me right now.

Cheerz

Listen, Jimmy, its your career, and it sounds like you have it all worked out. The Engineers is a great job. I would not trade the 9 years I spent with my brothers for anything. I just think that if you are already bored in your trade, then a remuster to a "zero" trade ( no disrepect, that's a nickname for combat arms, the MOC started with zero) will not help. The challenge you are looking for is available to you in your trade. A signaller in an infantry company or any other combat arms hq should provide you with lots of opportunities to get fit, shoot guns, dig trenches etc. Or you can go JTF. If your file shows you bouncing around lost, you are doomed. Having said that, if you spend a few years in your trade then still find it wanting, do something else. I have remustered 4 times in my 18 year career, and always to something better than the previous tradde. I have had a fantastic career to date, with tremendous opportunity, but I have constantly sought challenge. Good luck, and msg me if you want more info.

Take care, warriors

kj_gully said:
Listen, Jimmy, its your career, and it sounds like you have it all worked out. The Engineers is a great job. I would not trade the 9 years I spent with my brothers for anything. I just think that if you are already bored in your trade, then a remuster to a "zero" trade ( no disrepect, that's a nickname for combat arms, the MOC started with zero) will not help. The challenge you are looking for is available to you in your trade. A signaller in an infantry company or any other combat arms hq should provide you with lots of opportunities to get fit, shoot guns, dig trenches etc. Or you can go JTF. If your file shows you bouncing around lost, you are doomed. Having said that, if you spend a few years in your trade then still find it wanting, do something else. I have remustered 4 times in my 18 year career, and always to something better than the previous tradde. I have had a fantastic career to date, with tremendous opportunity, but I have constantly sought challenge. Good luck, and msg me if you want more info.

Take care, warriors

Gully,

Shouldn't you be out rescuing people?

I am trying to rescue this poor misguided signaller, before he ends up with 10 medals and 2 divorces.

take care, Warriors

kj_gully said:

Take care, warriors

I have been in a 0 trade before and it was the most fun I ever had.  The thing with coy Sigs is that you have to be a MCpl and that could take another 5 or 6 years of waiting around for a "possible" posting.  And a lot of sigs in "out postings" end up in garrison support for the units IS dets.  I joined the army to blow shit up and have a challenge, since I've been a sig there has'nt been any challenges and minimal blowing up of shit.

kj_gully said:
I am trying to rescue this poor misguided signaller, before he ends up with 10 medals and 2 divorces.

take care, Warriors

I'm on my way to that in this trade anyway, I've got 2 medals coming to me and besides the job comes first right?

alright Jimmy, I understand your frustration. We are at opposite ends in our careers. Here it comes, from a fairly old dog. Soldier on. Things will change, and you can help. They are hiring a bunch more soldiers to do the things that soldiers do. In one year's time, you will have a much clearer picture of the Army of tomorrow. Then you will be able to easily remuster out, as long as your trade is not so desperately short of pers that they will not let you out, in which case you are on your way to speedy promotion. The Engineers wil take you, they need more diggers. I suggest you suck it up, put your nose down and F***in work your ass off, and work yourself into a job you love. Try JTF, they are scrambling for people. Come to my trade, SAR, where you will find all the challenge you could ever want. If you are sincere in your desire to serve, and not just be served by the military, then create some opportunities for yourself. Write a memo, that's pretty simple, tell your chain of command that you are underemployed, and seek opportunity to excel and advance. There is a leader somewhere in your c of c that will listen if you are persistent, well spoken, and not just aimlessly whining. Grab your career by the balls.
Good luck

Back