• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Consistent Issues with Personal & Employment References

Cenibuk

Inactive
Reaction score
Good evening everyone,

I’ve had a number of issues with both my employer references (They can’t get in touch with 2 and they aren’t returning calls) as well I’ve had a number of personal references disqualified for a variety of reasons. For example I had one reference who was actually a town councillor of my hometown, and who I had known since I was 2, as he had used to be my barber before. My second reference was my Pastor, he called me and said that he had received a call and essentially said I would be a great addition to the Armed Forces, but CIS (was forwarded an email from CIS by my Case manager) stating that the town councillor was ineligible as he would technically be a family friend. They then said my pastor had refused to provide a reference, which goes against what I was told by him. Another reference I tried using was a former coworker who is is actually a Mcpl in the Armed Forces right now, was disqualified as well because they wanted a supervisor or teacher. All of this kind of goes against a lot of what I’ve been reading here and reddit about current members reference checks when they were applying. I am starting to run my list dry and I am really not sure what to do at this point as my case manager is also out of office until Feb 06, so I imagine this won’t be addressed for awhile.

If anyone could provide any insight or advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Just my input, and I don't know if the screenshot will prove clear enough as I'm on my cell, so I'll copy the text also.

When we applied and went into the CFAT a form we had to fill out for the DND went on saying;

A valid reference is defined as an adult (18 years of age or older) that knows you well enough to provide a worthwhile, fair and adequate assessment about
your personal character. Members of your family or relatives, family friends, friends, neighbours, co-workers or peers are not considered valid references.
Your references, either individually or in combination, must have known you for at least the last five (5) continuous years (or to age 16, whichever comes first).
The references can be categorized as follows:

a. Educational references: these persons are former or current teachers, professors, coaches, instructors, or trainers;

b. Professional references: these persons are former or current supervisors, managers, foremen, advisors, or employers; or

c. Personal references: these persons can be a minister, clergyman, mentor, counsellor, or community leader.

Right off the bat, your coworker is null, as this states to not have one. However you can use a boss. For me, it was hard as I am an assistant manager thus I couldn't use another assistant manager as a reference. I had to ask my Manager or District Manager, as they are in a superior position then I am. I also used a high school teacher, as I didn't grow up visiting them or them possibly being part of my home life.

Currently none of my references have been contacted yet so I may just be speaking out of my ass, but looking for someone as a high school teacher or a simple manager should work
72e21e1718d48ceb34221733c4245712.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Back