• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Contract/Training Question

DEWAI

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been poking around these forums for some time. I have not found a comprehensive answer to this question. Say you get offered a 3 year contract for Reg Force. Does that contract length offically start when you are sworn in or "sign on the dotted line". Or does that three years begin after your fully trained in your trade?

It begins on your first day of paid service.

For example, I was sworn in on 6 Sep and my first day of paid service (the day I showed up in Cornwallis) was 10 Sep.

DEWAI said:
I have been poking around these forums for some time. I have not found a comprehensive answer to this question. Say you get offered a 3 year contract for Reg Force. Does that contract length offically start when you are sworn in or "sign on the dotted line". Or does that three years begin after your fully trained in your trade?

It starts the day you are sworn in.

211RadOp said:
It begins on your first day of paid service.

For example, I was sworn in on 6 Sep and my first day of paid service (the day I showed up in Cornwallis) was 10 Sep.

Those 4 (maybe 3...) days between swearing in and basic trg would be LWOP (DAA correct me if i'm wrong). My question would be this - does LWOP count towards ANYTHING? I have 8 or something like that, but I think it really is negligible when you hit the 9500 day mark...

BinRat55 said:
Those 4 (maybe 3...) days between swearing in and basic trg would be LWOP (DAA correct me if i'm wrong). My question would be this - does LWOP count towards ANYTHING? I have 8 or something like that, but I think it really is negligible when you hit the 9500 day mark...

LWOP (Enrolment) is now counted as pensionable service for new enrolments. 

See Section 8.7  ---->  http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-benefits/leave-policy.page#chap8

BinRat55 said:
In Ter Essss Ting...

So yer saying i'm 8 days richer?

Hard to say whether that policy is retroactive or not.  I couldn't find much of anything that spells it out in black and white.

Yea, more than likely no. But once again, after the 9500 mark, 8 days is kind of a moot point.

But cool though - I never knew that LWOP changed. Thanks for the info!

Back