• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Course and posting order

Fruss

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to know what I have to expect when I will enroll in the army as a Sig Op (hopefully next spring) as a Reg. I‘m in Vancouver BTW. I know I have to take BMQ, after that, do they send me back home for a couple of days? or they send me directly to Kingston? or do I have to go to Borden to wait a bit.. and how long approx. After that what? do they post me right away? or I have the time to plan my moving (They will probably not post me in Vancouver as it‘s a naval base (Victoria)). approx how long am I in a class room? 8 months, a year, 2? just wondering... :confused: And maybe you know.. is ALL french talking person are posted in Valcartier as Sig Op? or I might have a chance to go elsewhere? not that I bother, but I like to be informed of what will take place... :warstory:

I was actually curious about that too, but more from the officer (reg) standpoint. What kind of time elapses from IAP/BOTP to second language training to CAP and occupation training.

The way the recruiting site makes it sound is as though its BOTP right to Language stuff (which would make sense, as they‘re both in St. Jean), but I‘m not sure.

After you finish BMQ you might get sometime off. But then depending on when the next opening is for the Sig Ops course you might get stuck in a PAT (Personal Awating Training) battalion for a while.

When an opening does come up you‘ll be put into a course. You‘ll spend 10 weeks in Basic and then about 6 months doing you Sig Op training. If you do speak french then you might be sent to Valcartier, but it depends what what positions are open and where they are.

I believe Reg Sig Ops also have to take SQ do they not? (Before going to Kingston.)

BMQ/SQ is Reserve, reg force basic includes both

Born Military -- are you sure you have your terminology right? I am 100% sure that the Reg Force DP1 involve both a BMQ and an SQ course, just like the Reserve. The Reg Force doesn‘t have some magical course that includes both.

hoser rd

The sig officers in my BOTC went straight to 2nd language after BOTC (after christmas break) and were scheduled for CAP following 2nd language then Kingston.

BMQ and SQ are both Regular force and reserves. SQ is a requirement now for all trades training, this way, if put in a war op, they have the basic skill to operate basic section weapons and know basic tactics

Back