• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Course dates?

Sc011y

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all.

Just a quick question...So I'm supposed to be going for BMQ this summer.  My regiment is finished its training for the year, until summer.  I have been lead to believe that I will be called 30 days in advance and told when/where my course will be?  So say my course starts July 4, they will be calling me somewhere around June 4?  And if this doesn't happen...(only how would I know when they are supposed to call, since I dont know when the course starts),  I should call them and ask whats up?

thanks a bunch

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lfwa_hq/it/calendar.htm

here is the link for LFWA (thats you) training schedule, I would still phone your orderly room and ask them whats up. Have they not put the new recruits in a holding/PAT platoon for pre-BMQ? we are at 6FES. Still the Orderly Room will hold the kmowledge.

I just heard from my regiment (ASH of C) that pre course for BMQ/SQ is June 24-29 then BMQ/SQ training is July 4 to August 19 at Meaford and then Op. Stalwart Guradian in  Petawawa  is  August 19-28

I live in Edmonton so would i take my bmq/sq here or go to wainright. Ppeople i know that previosly took the course all went out to wainright for the summer.

Sc011y said:
I have been lead to believe that I will be called 30 days in advance and told when/where my course will be?  So say my course starts July 4, they will be calling me somewhere around June 4?

Sometimes, you will not know if you are on course or not until you step off the bus when you arrive.  :p

Ya we are in a holding company, me and a bunch of other newbies.  I was just wondering how this all works, if I should wait a bit more, or give the orderly room a call or not?

thanks to everybody for help so far.

one more thing...On the LFWA link it says the BMQ courses are running from the 4th of July to the 29th of August?  I was under the impression that BMQ was one month?

gah sorry for all the questions  ???

It's BMQ *AND* SQ that run from 4 July-29 August.  (Two different courses that are often completed back-to-back). 

DJ

:-[ ah...both courses...hehe...well thanks for answering my questions guys, I appreciated it.  Some day Ill figure this organization out.  ;)

Make sure to share if you ever do figure it out; I'd like in on the secret!  ;)

DJ

Back