• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CP-140 Aurora

The way Flynn describes it isn’t what I would call accurate either. Terrified? Lumbering?

🙄

I think that needs a seven hour, cannot skip through, DLN course that only runs on Internet Explorer, requires Flash, must be recertified annually, is a promotion prerequisite, that crashes before completing the final exam, requiring you to restart.

I think that needs a seven hour, cannot skip through, DLN course that only runs on Internet Explorer, requires Flash, must be recertified annually, is a promotion prerequisite, that crashes before completing the final exam, requiring you to restart.

We call that "DRTSET trg"... :D

Do you work for Shared Services Canada? 🤔

More of an ADM IM vibe, or possibly contractor developed content where technology was specified in the contracting vehicle originally written in 2007 but never updated, and where the departmental OPI still has someone print out all their emails so they can hand write replies.

Some photos of the block 4 Aurora I took at this years Cold Lake airshow. New hump and bumps on it. 20220716091031_IMG_0643 (1).JPG
20220716091226_img_0646-jpg.72142
20220716081117_IMG_0637.JPG

Attachments

• 20220716091226_IMG_0646.JPG
    20220716091226_IMG_0646.JPG
    440.6 KB · Views: 217
No. Did you see Inside recently?

Yes? Flew a few times last week, even scheduled for a B IV COREX this week, B0630/T0830/5.0 this week…but not on Friday thankfully! 😁

My research was based on a lot of wiki surfing and the following document that documents the parts upgrades over time.

It probably looks pretty janky inside because the plane was not around those systems.

Ya the tactical consoles are very different, some changes in the flight deck. Galley and bathroom likely no change. The ‘79 station wagon finishes remain, thankfully.

(My comment above was related to the poster who took pictures at the air show; the ladder is down and a line up is there so people were doing walk-thru’s with the mission systems turned off).

A picture of 113 at IMP last from Sept; she was in for B IV mod and went thru the normal RTS (Release to service) and PAT&E (Production Acceptance Testing and Evaluation) events. A few people might notice the new bumps on the radome...

A decent article on Block IV and the amount of work and testing that goes into getting aircraft "back on the ramp" after upgrades, Third Line Inspection and Repair (TLIR) including the RTS (release to service) testing and Production Acceptance Testing and Evaluation(PAT&E) processes that happen once IMP's work is done...Page 6 of this weeks Aurora Newspaper edition.

Back