• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

cp compression sac

PeAcH

Inactive
Reaction score
does anyone have or has anyone heard anything about the cp compression sac.  like wat will it hold ect.

I have one on the way, should recieve it in the next 2-7 days. I'll post after trying it out.

clark said:
does anyone have or has anyone heard anything about the cp compression sac.   like wat will it hold ect.

Are you just talking about a regular stuff sack / compression sack? I have 2 that I bought from the PPCLI Kit Shop a couple of years ago and love them. They were made by DropZone, but I don't think they make anymore. They look like this one from MEC....except OD

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=B5zJBW4yOhmseAIsf3KZSH4fJD9NqaXf0vECzWVy9bRuEBjdgQUA!54572394!170918972!2003!7002?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=677943&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=133805&bmUID=1106866953112

They are about the same size as the ones at MEC.

I have one. It will hold a ranger blanket,fleece liner,poncho or a guchi sleeping bag like snugpac
  It doesn't have a lot of room but it will do for a patrol or OP ,personally I wouldn't buy one I much prefer their valise.

kato said:
I have one. It will hold a ranger blanket,fleece liner,poncho or a guchi sleeping bag like snugpac
It doesn't have a lot of room but it will do for a patrol or OP ,personally I wouldn't buy one I much prefer their valise.

I received my compression sack and I also bought the valice (against my better judgement, more on that later...)

Compression sack: So far I am liking it. Got my snugpak bag and the goretex biv bag in there. Compressed size is about 28 cm long and 28 cm diameter with room for a ranger blanket. You can compress the length down but not its diameter. The new issued small pack is about 30 cm wide, so the compressed sack will attach nicely to the bottom of it. The compression straps are sufficiently long to get a good grip when its open and the buckle are metal, so there should be no fear of them breaking less bending under extreme stress. I am planning to carry a Black hawk medic bag overseas, and the compression sack will attach securely to the bottom of that bag as well.

On the negative side, no glaring dislikes. But there is no storm flap on the opening. So either pack you gear inside the bivy bag, or put in a waterproof bag of some sort. Of course, this will reduce the amount of compression you have because eventually it will seal any opening for the air to escape.

Valice: right now, without taking it out to the field, my first opinion is don't waste your money on it. While it has some really good ideas like a separator in the middle of the bag, and snugging straps around the circumference, it does have some drawbacks.

1. the separator inside is not wide enough to be pushed to a side. While a really good idea, especially for light roles when you carry all pers gear in the valice, and mission gear in the ruck. If you choose to not use both sides, then you are losing space and the overall capacity of the valice is reduced. Add a little more fabric, and that will work fine.

2. The circumference straps need to be secured to the bag, right now they just slide around and are difficult to really tighten.

3. Both the securing straps for the main flap, and main flap itself on the top of the bag are too short, and don't allow you to compress down the length.

Going on the plane ride overseas, you need to maximize your cargo space for all your gear. Unfortunately I still can pack more in the issued valice then the CP one.

i think ill think it over a little better on that purchase

I submitted the misgivings about the Valice to CPGear and received this response:

Hi Armymedic, (name changed)
>Thanks so much for taking the time to write about the products. The three
>points you made on the valice are excellent and we will incorporate them
>into the next batch, thats for sure. If you would like to return it, I will
>send you a new one with your suggested mods for free when they are produced.
>Thanks again.
>Mark Wheeler

I declined the offer of returning the valice, citing that I wish to give it a honest "boot kicking" trial in the field, as my impressions so far were based on what I was doing in the basement.

This once again proves that CP Gear/ Canadian PeaceKeeper/ Wheelers is a top rate home grown Canadian company who is willing to go the extra step in satisfying thier customers.

I remember when Mark Wheeler used to come out to Gagetown and sell things out of his trunk in front of the shacks. Now look at him. go Mark.

He sure has.  I remember when his shop was tucked into the back corner of the old Sears Warehouse in the Fredericton Industrial Park.  Garry and I took him a 9mm back in '84 to get some shoulder holsters made up from some of our thoughts.  Half the Sqn had them for the Fly Over that year.  Now he has his own little 'complex' in Lincoln. 

GW

Back