• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cpl Lee Berger from PPCLI Winnipeg

girlfiredup

Inactive
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there that knew him?   I just learned last night, after years of wondering how he was doing, that he died in an accident while fighting fires in BC.   The accident occured in August of 1994, he was 24 at the time.   Major bummer.   :(   The last time I saw him was around 1992 and he mentioned he was joining the forces.   It really sucks to have seen his picture in the local paper yesterday and to hear that he had passed away 10 years ago!   He would have been 36 this year.   If anyone from PPCLI remembers him, please let me know.   Many thanks.    :salute:

I was there with him fighting fires, yes it was tragic. That evening we had all gone out on the town for a few drinks, the boys and I were talking about how it would be awsome if it would at least rain, so that the fires would die down a bit. Later on that evening we got word, from a cabbie no less, that one of our guys was hit and killed by a semi. Found out it was Lee when we got back to our make shift camp.
Later that night it rained, and all through the following day.

GirlFiredUp said:
Is there anyone out there that knew him?   I just learned last night, after years of wondering how he was doing, that he died in an accident while fighting fires in BC.   The accident occured in August of 1994, he was 24 at the time.   Major bummer.   :(   The last time I saw him was around 1992 and he mentioned he was joining the forces.   It really sucks to have seen his picture in the local paper yesterday and to hear that he had passed away 10 years ago!   He would have been 36 this year.   If anyone from PPCLI remembers him, please let me know.   Many thanks.     :salute:

Just want to let you know that Lee is my son and he had just turned 26 at the time of his death.  I joined him on his vacation in Winnipeg to celebrate his 26th birthday.  He remains always my beloved and precious son.  :(

Elfie613 said:
Just want to let you know that Lee is my son and he had just turned 26 at the time of his death.  I joined him on his vacation in Winnipeg to celebrate his 26th birthday.  He remains always my beloved and precious son.  :(

You have my sincere condolences. I knew Lee. A good soldier and a good Patricia.  :salute: :cdn:

Back