• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Crash as Moose Jaw Airshow

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam69
  • Start date Start date
S

Sam69

From cbc.ca:

Two biplanes that were simulating a First World War dogfight at an air show in Saskatchewan collided in mid-air, killing both pilots instantly.

Thousands of people were watching as three planes simulated the battle late Sunday afternoon at the Saskatchewan Centennial 2005 Air Show in Moose Jaw.

Witnesses said one plane came up from beneath another and their wings clipped.

The planes burst into flames and plunged to the ground.

The pilots were members of the Arkansas-based Masters of Disaster civilian aerobatics team.

The third plane landed safely and no spectators were injured.

Organizers cancelled the air show immediately.

This has even made the news here in Australia this morning. Sadly its only times when there are bad things that Canada makes the news this far away.

At least no one on the ground was killed.

Wes

I have seen Jimmy Franklin perform several times over the years and enjoyed his shows.

My condolences to both families.

It was on the front page of the Windsor Star this morning. Although the recognition of the pilots is great, the tasteless picture of the giant fireball of a crash was definitely not needed.  My condolences also go to the families of the killed pilots.

"the tasteless picture of the giant fireball of a crash was definitely not needed."

- Please explain.

Tom

Back