• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cricket Night In Canada ?

I so don`t care about pro sports anymore. I`ll watch the Winnipeg Jets and most of the CFL games I can, but the rest? From whiny NHL players complaining about the cold and taxes; to gambling ads 24/7/365, to the two Cdn sports networks talking Leafs and Blow Jays all frickin day. I'm done with it all.
I'll watch USports and Canadian domestic leagues when I can, but will not spend a cent on anything to do with the big USA dominated leagues.
 
Cricket is actually a great sport. ODIs and 20/20 are pretty sick. I played a bit of cricket when I was posted down in Jamaica 15 years ago and joined the men's league. I was able to pick it up pretty easily having played a fair hit of baseball.

Also went to a West Indies Test Match. Was great fun and I most enjoyed the beer tent 😎

I so don`t care about pro sports anymore. I`ll watch the Winnipeg Jets and most of the CFL games I can, but the rest? From whiny NHL players complaining about the cold and taxes; to gambling ads 24/7/365, to the two Cdn sports networks talking Leafs and Blow Jays all frickin day. I'm done with it all.
I'll watch USports and Canadian domestic leagues when I can, but will not spend a cent on anything to do with the big USA dominated leagues.

I will always love hockey but my true love is Rugby, both League and Union.
 
When something like Hockey Night In Canada can be usurped for cricket, Trudeau was partly correct when he said that Canada has no core identity, what he should have said was Canada no longer has a core identity.
Ice Hockey is no longer a sport with a working class identity. It's an elitist rich kid sport.
 
Cricket is actually a great sport. ODIs and 20/20 are pretty sick. I played a bit of cricket when I was posted down in Jamaica 15 years ago and joined the men's league. I was able to pick it up pretty easily having played a fair hit of baseball.

Also went to a West Indies Test Match. Was great fun and I most enjoyed the beer tent 😎

I will always love hockey but my true love is Rugby, both League and Union.

Anything that hurts hockey has my full support. If that means I'm a cricket fan now, so be it.

The sooner Canada can free itself from its obsession with that awful sport, the better off we'll be as a country.
 
Hockey is really big where I am. I was never involved but talking with some hockey parents the 20k+ they spend a year per kid to play is insane to me.

I would rather put that money into a education fund and set them up for life but to each their own.
 
Hockey is really big where I am. I was never involved but talking with some hockey parents the 20k+ they spend a year per kid to play is insane to me.
I grew up playing hockey and enjoy watching the game but the ridiculous cost is why my boys both played soccer instead.
I would rather put that money into a education fund and set them up for life but to each their own.
But, but, but....MY kid's going to be a star and rake in millions in the NHL!
 
When something like Hockey Night In Canada can be usurped for cricket, Trudeau was partly correct when he said that Canada has no core identity, what he should have said was Canada no longer has a core identity.
Rogers holds the rights to hockey in Canada. Rogers is broadcasting thru Sportsnet, a Rogers company.
 
Hockey is really big where I am. I was never involved but talking with some hockey parents the 20k+ they spend a year per kid to play is insane to me.

I would rather put that money into a education fund and set them up for life but to each their own.
As someone who is doing both. My son is learning more from sports (hockey) than what is called school today.
 
Rogers holds the rights to hockey in Canada. Rogers is broadcasting thru Sportsnet, a Rogers company.
100%

As stupid as it is that CBC couldn't manage to find a way to keep HNC, it has nothing to do with Trudeau.
 
100%

As stupid as it is that CBC couldn't manage to find a way to keep HNC, it has nothing to do with Trudeau.
No that was sheer managerial arrogance on the CBC . I especially cherish that moment when they discovered they also didn't own the rights to the theme music.
And promptly tried to ignore that and if memory serves were just promptly served with a cease and desist order.
 
Back
Top