• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

criminal record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insert "criminal record" into the Search box at the top of the page and push Search and you will find a page or two of Threads covering the subject.

Welcome to army.ca.

Before you start, please read all of the Forum guidelines.

It is also suggested you read some of the forums first, you can usually find what your looking for. The Recruiting Forum would be a good place to start.

If you can't find something that way, we encourage you to use the "Search" function. It works very well. Did I say we encourage it's use, before asking questions?

Lastly, if you do need to ask a question, try fleshing it out a bit as to what your asking, for and why. A bad example question is like the one you just asked. We have no idea what you want. A better one would be something like:

I would like to join the Regular (or Reserve) Forces. What will the impact of a criminal record be on me and the recruiting process. My record is for ________ that I was convicted of X years ago and received XX as punishment.

Before applying I would like to know how my criminal record could effect a career in the Canadian forces.
I was looking at joining the Reserves to start and look at full time as an option right now. I was convicted of trafficking in 1996 when I was 20 years old. I plead guilty to the charges and was given a 2 year conditional sentence and was not allowed to carry a cell phone or pager. From my understanding since I received a conditional sentence I can not apply for a pardon. I would like to apply for the infantry and my look at applying to the JTF in the future.

I'm thinking it's going to be pretty tough to get in the JFT, let alone infantry with a criminal record (Without pardon). My suggestion is too ask someone who works at a CFRC closest to you, they can tell you what you need to know. Then again I am sure someone here knows the exact answer to your question here. You probably didnt need to create a new topic for this question, you could have just added a reply on to your old thread.

So if you have a crim record it is impossible to re-join the reg or even reserves?

No, it's not impossible, just improbable.  Best idea?  Contact your recruiting centre, and have them tell you no.  It's easier to believe from them.  The CF doesn't want people that wouldn't be allowed to go for training anywhere outside Canada because they have a criminal record.

For yourself, you may want to look in to getting a pardon.  It would be worth it.

T

Talk...to...a...Recuiter...at...your...nearest.... CFRC. It can't be made any simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back