• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Crocodile on a plane(!) sparks panic mid-flight

CougarKing

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
Alright, where's Samuel L. Jackson or even Crocodile Dundee when you need them?  ;D

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/090731/oddities/egypt_animals_aviation_offbeat

Panic aboard flight as croc takes mid-air stroll
Fri Jul 31, 10:16 AM

CAIRO (AFP) - A baby crocodile triggered panic among passengers on an EgyptAir flight from Abu Dhabi to Cairo on Friday when it took a leisurely stroll on board the aircraft, airport officials said.

Terrified passengers screamed at the sight of the 30-centimetre (one-foot-long) reptile as it made its way under seats and down the aisle.

Crew members managed to corner and capture the croc and handed it over to authorities when the plane landed in Cairo, where it was to be housed at the Giza zoo.

(...)

Interesting.

If there was a habitat near the airport, could a baby crocodile perhaps have wondered away from home and found himself inadvertently on the plane some how???  Stranger things have happened.

With the price of crocs, I'm not even wondering about the
possibility of a baby croc going up the steps or the wheels...

It's only 1 foot long, and not venimous... I wonder how I would
have reacted,

Yrys said:
With the price of crocs, I'm not even wondering about the
possibility of a baby croc going up the steps or the wheels...

It's only 1 foot long, and not venimous... I wonder how I would
have reacted,

I wasn't thinking it made its way up the steps or wheels... more like, the possibility, of it making its way onto a piece of baggage or equipment or cart or etc... on the ground and as a result it was inadvertently loaded onto the air craft and then he made his way from there. 

Animals some times get themselves into unique situations.

When i first read this i expected it to have something to do with air Canada's new choice to let pets on board. Would have been an interesting event indeed.

Clearly an act of domestic (animal) terrorism.

Don't like it?  How about "Home Grown"?  ;D

Back