• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CSOR-missed application deadline

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
The deadline for this year's CSOR selection is September 4th.
What happens if someone started the paperwork process and isn't able to get all required documents in on time?

Can they still continue to go through the process/steps and then just wait until the next selection dates come up?
Or will they need to start the whole thing over again from scratch since it will be a year down the road.

I'm sure they would need to do the fitness test again but what about the interviews and such?

A lot can change in a year:  medical category, criminal history, family situation etc.

Even if you're not certain your file can be completely submitted by the 04 Sep 09 deadline, start now anyways and keep everything up to date for next year.

Did you get my PM?

If its being held up by others, call the recruiter and let them know. They might be able help.

Haggis said:
A lot can change in a year:  medical category, criminal history, family situation etc.

Even if you're not certain your file can be completely submitted by the 04 Sep 09 deadline, start now anyways and keep everything up to date for next year.

Did you get my PM?
I did indeed thank you.

SFB said:
If its being held up by others, call the recruiter and let them know. They might be able help.
Not at all. My unit actually pushes it's reserve soldiers to seek full time employment either in the regular force or civy side and bends over backwards to help. It's an uncommon practice from what I've seen of many other reserve regiments.
In this case I was told late November was the cut off time only come to find out it's near 3 months sooner.
One month doesn't give ya a lot of time.  Think I'll take Haggis's advice and worse case scenario put it off for a year.

One of the great things about CANSOFCOM is they like to do what they want.

If your app shows up and they like what they see, they will find a way to get you on a selection serial.

Push it through, see what happens, hope for the best but plan for the worst.  I know a dude who started the process 3 or 4 weeks before his ISAP was scheduled to start.  He got on it and is now in that unit.  I'm just sayin'....

+1 to RCR Grunt's above.

CANSOF has a reputation of going the extra mile for prospective candidates.  If they see you're putting in the effort for them, they'll take care of you.

CSOR is not running ISAP again this year, its 'AP' or Assessment Phase now. They are running multiple shorter selections instead of the 1 or 2 longer ones they were running before. Just because the deadline is Sept 4th doesn't mean the selections start Sept 5th. If you contact recruiting they should be able to work with you if you need a bit more time.

Right on, glad you're still going through with this. Best of luck man.

Back