• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Curious about Australian Air Force entry requirements

jzaidi1

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been watching "The Real Top Guns" on the discovery channel (or OLN - can't remember).  Is it just me or the Australian pilots they are interviewing really young for where they are at in the stage of flight training.  One pilot is 22 years old and has been flying the hornet for 6+ months operationally.  Another pilot commented that he started flying Fast jets at the age of 19.  Does this mean that you don't need a degree to fly military aircraft in Australia or do they just graduate university at a very young age over there?

FYI - The Real Top Guns airs on Friday nights and repeats on Saturday here on Rogers Cable in Toronto.

Just curious...
J

Fireball said:
Hi,

I've been watching "The Real Top Guns" on the discovery channel (or OLN - can't remember).  Is it just me or the Australian pilots they are interviewing really young for where they are at in the stage of flight training.  One pilot is 22 years old and has been flying the hornet for 6+ months operationally.  Another pilot commented that he started flying Fast jets at the age of 19.  Does this mean that you don't need a degree to fly military aircraft in Australia or do they just graduate university at a very young age over there?

FYI - The Real Top Guns airs on Friday nights and repeats on Saturday here on Rogers Cable in Toronto.

Just curious...
J

You dont need a degree to be a warfare or admin area type Officer in Australia.

I'm a 19 year old OOW/OOD onboard a ship.

The catch is you cannot go past Lieutenant Commander (or equivalent) without going on to get a degree. Whether by distance ed, or studying full/part time.

Back