• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Current CONST ENGR stories

Terran

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

I accepted my offer as a CONST ENGR officer. As I nervously await my enrollment ceremony tomorrow morning, I was wondering if any current CEs could offer some quick stories about what their careers are like. I already have a pretty decent idea as to what they do; I guess I'm looking for tips and things to look out for. How soon might I get deployed overseas, after having completed my training?

Much appreciated  ;D

Well it's not an officer story, but a CE story regardless...

....on exercise in California in January, 2010. We combat engineers get told we are going to take out a couple of construction techs with each section to give them a taste of patrolling/IED's/contact drills/etc. 2 depressed looking individuals turn up at the back of my ELAV, kit greener than this website, BEW pouches clipped daringly to shoulder straps and mag pouchs on the butts of their rifles. Give em a quick brief, tell them 'if it all goes down, stay here and do what I tell you, nothing more', and depart on trace.

Get into a scrap, 1 const tech fires more rounds (once I said he could) than kirk douglas in falling down, the other stayed in the boat and probably wished he had been posted elsewhere, I later learn that while we were on the move, he took out a tin of chewing tobacco, put in a plug and offered some to everyone else. Pretty innocuous you say? Well for a spit bottle he was using his canteen......

Does anyone know if airfield damage repair is still a taught skill anywhere? If so you will enjoy that, I say this as a former Royal Engineer who did it in the falklands for 96 hellish hours of my life that I will never get back.

My BMOQ starts tomorrow! And I'll dare to say I am excited! haha

Thanks Towards_the_gap for the story! Do I understand correctly that you are implying CEs are pussies?  ;D

The first of many enlightments you will receive from former combat engineers throughout your unfolding career.  ;D

Hey Terran, I am currently on CEOC 1.2 right now. I am not sure how far along you are with your trg but I would be happy to give you any info you may want about the course.

Back