• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DAG'ing (red, green, res vs reg - merged)

Eye In The Sky said:
Replace Padre with Social Worker. Additionally if you have a spouse they have to come with you or be reachable by phone during your DAG appointment or the SW will not sign off and your Medical DAG portion halts right then and there.

Code:
[color=yellow][SIZE=19px]WARNING[/SIZE][/color]

Sometimes the Padre is not your friend.  I had a Padre DAG me RED for a deployment.  We had to visit the Padre with our spouse, and when he asked her if she was "worried that I was going to deploy".  She answered honestly and said "Yes".  Of course she was worried.  Any spouse would be.  That then entailed the two of us going to the Social Workers and spend a half day in interviews to sort out what the Padre had done.  I DAGGED GREEN after visiting the Social Workers.

Recently deploying people have not been seeing the padre, at least at some Mounting locations.

BUT the same thing can happen if the spouse says that "yes" to the SW too.  I don't get it either, for the record.

Thinking I am having a bad week and would try here for the answer as there is usually someone with the answer already.

I have noticed a few members dag red - age restricted.  I was looking for the impact that this has on a member as far as deployments go.  Can they still go if they agree to it?  Is there an option for the military to still send them if they don't want to go?  Red is normally a stop until resolved but how do you resolve a members age??

CountDC said:
how do you resolve a members age??

grecian-formula-liquid-180px.jpg

CountDC said:
...... but how do you resolve a members age??

Sounds like a Charter Challenge......"Age Discrimination"....... >:D

I would think that 'physical fitness' and 'health' would be more important to a person's ability to deploy, not the date on a Birth Certificate. 

(Although "Age Discrimination" is not suppose to have been practiced in the CAF for the past two or three decades, it still exists.)

I have noticed that age block during APRVs and wondered what it means but really have no idea, it never applied to me.

How would someone who is not CRA dag red for age?

Eye In The Sky said:
How would someone who is not CRA dag red for age?

If they'll hit CRA while deployed, or while in their post-deployment period, they can't deploy.

dapaterson said:
If they'll hit CRA while deployed, or while in their post-deployment period, they can't deploy.

That same "experienced" member will also DAG Red for Terms of Service. Since those expire at CRA.

Age works on the other side, as well. Our 16 and 17 year old members of the CF are not supposed to be deploying on operations. The window for operational service is supposed to be age 18 to age 59, inclusive.

As I understand it, the UN will not accept personnel over 55.  So, you will DAG red for a UN deployment if you are over 55.

All good answers but I ran a check and found I am red - age restricted and none of these apply.

55 - nope
CRA - nope
TOS - nope

According to my staff that was there last year when we did our ARV and I just laughed at it.  Guess it is suitable that I am red when I don't even remember it.  I do however remember to go to the bathroom when I pee.......I think. ???

Eye In The Sky said:
Replace Padre with Social Worker. Additionally if you have a spouse they have to come with you or be reachable by phone during your DAG appointment or the SW will not sign off and your Medical DAG portion halts right then and there.

I don't see how this can be true as they cannot force your spouse to be available by phone or to attend.  They never even wanted to talk to my spouse when I did my DAG and all my stuff was signed off.

CountDC said:
All good answers but I ran a check and found I am red - age restricted and none of these apply.

55 - nope
CRA - nope
TOS - nope

According to my staff that was there last year when we did our ARV and I just laughed at it.  Guess it is suitable that I am red when I don't even remember it.  I do however remember to go to the bathroom when I pee.......I think. ???

Possibly a "data" anomaly being created somewhere in HRMS?

rocksteady said:
I don't see how this can be true as they cannot force your spouse to be available by phone or to attend.  They never even wanted to talk to my spouse when I did my DAG and all my stuff was signed off.

It may depend on where you are deploying, and when.  Not all Deployments are the same.  Not all DAGs will be the same.

Back