• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Day to day question.

Grilo

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am applying to be a MARS and have a question of what is it like day to day first at sea and then at home in port.

Thank you for your time,

Patrick

http://www.forces.ca/flash.aspx#/flash/en/video_link/_VIDEOS/71_en.flv

Grilo said:
Hello All,

I am applying to be a MARS and have a question of what is it like day to day first at sea and then at home in port.

Thank you for your time,

Patrick

Lots of information on the site on that subject - if you search for it.

I really do wish to thank you for that wealth of information you sent me. I do have two issues with it though. 1) I have read all the "generated" information and understand selling very well. I was hoping some current MARS Officers could give some insight into their day to day. 2) I have done some great research on the formulas used by search engines and know that no matter how precise I make my search terms I am going to get the top 100 results that everyone else searched for with the same top key words. Searching MARS on this site I might as well read the whole forum starting from page one. I understand that it is difficult to answer questions and therefore just point people to google.

I guess I will reword my original post so that I can get a good conversation going.

Are there any current MARS Officers that would like to get together for a beer in Halifax and allow me to ask them some questions on the day to day activities that go on both at sea and in port.

Thanks for your time

Patrick

I think you might have a bit more success with that if you indicate either in this thread or in your profile what city you currently reside in. :)

I don't know, Grilo...but the first hit on that search I led you to revealed pretty much the information you were looking for.  It would be worth your while to at least peruse the Navy forums.  I can't help but get the impression that you don't want to read through the numerous threads on the subject, and just want to go right to specifics.  If that's the case, then I don't know why you didn't just pose specific questions.

Of course, plying a neighbourhood MARS officer with alcohol works too.

I think most NTOs and Sea LogOs could also give a pretty decent idea of the day to day life of their MARS brethren, you know, what with the living and working in close quarters with them thing. Excluding their MARS III & IV courses naturally.

Not that I'm just trying to set myself up to get bought a beer. :D

Back