• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

De Havilland Cannada announces new calgary manufacturing facility

They should still up there website game its crap. Canadians are terrible at marketing....see BlackBerry for a biz case fir what not to do. I'm still pissed about BlackBerry I miss my crackberry. Bb10 is still better than today's OS.
BB messed up with trying to compete in the open market. No one has been able to touch on their security protocols.
The public likes widgets and gadgets. Which BB was not. They were a secure reliable phone.
Bombardier marketing was crap too. Because look what happened.
Bombardier had great marketing, lots of their product was crap and failed to meet requirements of the customer for various reasons. At least with De Haviland you know its a quality product with quality service.

BB messed up with trying to compete in the open market. No one has been able to touch on their security protocols.
The public likes widgets and gadgets. Which BB was not. They were a secure reliable phone.

Bombardier had great marketing, lots of their product was crap and failed to meet requirements of the customer for various reasons. At least with De Haviland you know its a quality product with quality service.
In the case of BB their demise was the total opposite. I knew they would die when you couldn't get Netflix on BB10 appstore. I was just a matter of time. And you prove my case...yes they were and BB10 is still better at security but they totally miss read the market! There was no business case in the end for a rock solid and secure mobile device. Marketing! Canadians generally suck at it.

Bombardier totally failed on marketing too. It being one of the main drivers. Airbus seems seem to think the product is great they are selling well after they got control. That's marketing. Airbus was able to walk into the office of delta etc. and sell them....marketing. The product didn't change the marketing and company did.

Blackberry lost when they fought the patent infringement in the states and lost, that was the beginning of the end and a sign of the narrowmindeness of the vision

Bombardier lost when they failed to jetison the rail division and at the same time decided to compete with the big boys by redesigning all their aircraft lines at the same time as bringing an new aircraft to market

BB tried to compete with Apple and Samsung by building phones for the teenager market and their core business customers felt abandoned. They didn't do well in in that market and they ended up losing both markets. BB phones started getting attention from Teenagers because BBM was usable even without expensive cell service. With malls and schools and restaurants installing WiFi a teenager could be connected to their friends for free almost anywhere. This was before WhatsApp took off and BBM was the only free messaging service available.

Jim Balsillie making a fool of himself with the Coyotes bid didn't help them at all either.

Permits are in place, or about to be and ground breaking should be later this year. Also mentioned is De Havilland is in talks with SAIT to have a facility at this new location, and they are building a museum too! Smart move though to incorporate SAIT and their aviation programs into this new facility, as it will give them direct access to the talent pool going through training.

Permits are in place, or about to be and ground breaking should be later this year. Also mentioned is De Havilland is in talks with SAIT to have a facility at this new location, and they are building a museum too! Smart move though to incorporate SAIT and their aviation programs into this new facility, as it will give them direct access to the talent pool going through training.

The museum is a smart move as well. Templates of the things that worked.

Back