• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO - BOTC January 2006

ostetco

Inactive
Reaction score
I received the call for Signals Officer and I was wondering who else is going to be in the BOTC in January 2006. It would be great to get to know some of you in this forum. 

I also had a quick question in regards to when I get to sign the actual contract. I was given a verbal employment offer over the phone, however, I am in school full time right now and I don't known when to quit to focus on my physical training. I don't want to quit school and find out that the offer has been retracted for some reason? (I have passed medical, physical and security clearance) I can't ge a straight answer from the recruiting centre. When do you guys actually sign the contract? Thanks in advance.

k- this is my first post ever, so if I do something wrong, sorry... *smile*. I'm doing the recruiting process right now too, and from what the officers in the office told me, nothing is set in stone until you sign the paper(s). I'm in the US right now, and was told that after my boards meet the last week in Oct, if I am offered the job, I will have to fly up, and be sworn in, as well as sign some papers. Maybe if you talk to the chief clerk in the office he/she can help you out a little more.
If I were you, I'd start doing pt while you can (I know I'm going to get my butt kicked hehe), but I'd see about signing something or making sure you're sworn in before leaving school or any job(s)... I hope that helps a little.

I am in school full time right now and I don't known when to quit to focus on my physical training.
Why would you need to quit school to concentrate on your physical training? Just put 1 and 1/2 hours of training per day (excluding rest days and you will be in good shape by the time you get there.

I believe you sign the contract on the day you are sworn in. Did they give you a date for that?

They're making calls allready?  The CFRC told me that the DEO boards were meeting the week of Oct. 4th to Oct. 7th.  :(  ...Maybe that's just for Infantry.  Four days does seem rather brief now that I think about it.  Any Infantry Officer applicants get a call yet?

..Oh and congrats ostetco!  :)

I'm a DEO Infantry applicant and my recruiter also said that the boards would be meeting in the first half of October and they may have results back by the end of the month. Right now I've heard nothing but I will probably call my recruiter back during the second half of October just to stay in touch and see if there is any news. Good luck to all!

Just to add to the confusion, I'm DEO Infantry as well... and I was told the Infantry board was meeting the last week in Oct, and the recruiting office would get a call the end of the last week or beginning of the first week in Nov. The Capt told me to expect a call the first week of Nov to say whether I got in or not. If either of you find out different, please let me know.

Just to add to the confusion, I'm DEO Infantry as well... and I was told the Infantry board was meeting the last week in Oct, and the recruiting office would get a call the end of the last week or beginning of the first week in Nov. The Capt told me to expect a call the first week of Nov to say whether I got in or not.

I'm a DEO Infantry applicant and my recruiter also said that the boards would be meeting in the first half of October and they may have results back by the end of the month.

I don't doubt that you guys were told that and that someone else - somewhere else - was told something different from all of us.  Despite the pain it has inflicted - like the poor soul in '1984' who came to love Big Brother in the end - I have come to love the recruiting process.. it has made me let go of all expections and all immediate hope.  It has helped me find Zen ..or is it insanity I've found?

It is the difference between waiting and 'doing time'.  If you wait it will kill you because false expectations after false hope will kill your soul ..just sit back and do the time ..the answer will come.  When?  ..In due time ..so stop waiting.

Anyway, suffice it to say that, although I am (remarkably) still eager and hopeful, I expect nothing anymore...  (Papers submitted Oct. '04)

If either of you find out different, please let me know.

Will do.  If you hear anything let me know too if you would pls.  ...I'm still waiting.  :blotto: ??? :-\

Hey Guys,
I finally got the call.   I was given an offer for DEO infantry officer.    
The message on my answering machine was from a Captain.   I called him back
and he said that the board needed to know within 24 hours if I would take the offer or not and if I
could start BOTC on Jan 10.   I was totally under the impression that the boards
were meeting at the end of the month.   I am starting to think that they said this
so we wouldn't start to bug them while boards were still in progress (big conspiracy!!).

Well, I am shock.   My wife and I are still processing it.  

I am from Edmonton and look forward to seeing you guys in January.  

DUCIMUS!!!!!!!!!  

Hey Joe Blow, I agree with your post. I had given up on receiving a call after having completed my application and all testing on September 2003.  I passed through two boards apprantly and was not selected and now in 2005 I received the call.  I had commenced other post-secondary courses and not even thinking about the armed forces until I got the call a few weeks ago.  So now, I am obvisouly happy and hopefully on the way to a long career with the Forces.  I never imagined that one phone call could change your life like this. I totally agree, the recruiting process is a tedious thing to go through and most important part on the applicant to be patient and always have something to fall back on.
Hope to see all of you at St. Jean!
Good luck to all!!!!

Hey guys... what a pain in the butt. First off, hoote, congrats on getting the call! That is so wonderful. Just reading that made my stomach turn in anxiety... because I wasn't expecting anyone to hear anything until the first week of Nov. *smile*. But I sure am glad that the first news I've heard about it, was good news. *smile*

I agree that this is like doing time. Well, I'm guessing it's like doing time, fortunately, I've never actually experienced the inside of a prison... *smile*. If I hear anything, I will be sure to let you all know as well. (I think being in the same situation makes you understand the excitement slightly more than the average Joe... *smile*)

Good luck to all of you, and I sure hope to see you all in Jan!

JUst recieved the call for Infantry Officer  ;D They said they are holding a posistion for me and wanted me to confirm that I was willing to accept it to which I said yes. Apparentley she didn't have anymore details for me and couldn't even confirm that IAP/BOTC was in January. Now all I have to do is make sure I graduate in December.

Congrats Ryan! Don't worry, you'll graduate in Dec... *smile*. Hope to see in you in Jan *smile*

Just got the call  ;D ...am VERY excited... trying to stay in the chair... going to swim laps in about 20 minutes to try and calm down. hehe. I have to fly back home and do my PT test in a couple weeks, but other than that, everything is good to go! I'm very excited to meet you guys... congrats to you all!

Wow!  Congrats guys!  I called today and they told me that the boards were meeting now and that I 'might' hear something by this time in Nov.  ::)

..Anywhooo.  That leaves 17 DEO Infantry positions left for January.  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/32841.0.html  ...Not counting those applicants who don't post here of course.

Nuts.  I thought I had a pretty good application file.  Hmph.  I suppose we'll see.

PS:  Zubie, you got an offer without even doing your fitness test?

I have to fly back home and do my PT test in a couple weeks, but other than that, everything is good to go!

What's up with that? ..I mean right on  ..It's good and everything ..but am I reading you right?

Morning, folks. I GOT THE CALL TODAY. INF. Not my first choice, but whatever. Formal offer is (supposedly) coming down in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully this means I'm going to Jan BOTC. I. AM. IN. THE. ARMY.

Joe Blow said:
PS:   Zubie, you got an offer without even doing your fitness test?

Hey Joe Blow, first, relax, you should get in. I sincerely doubt you'll have a problem.  :)

Secondly, yes, you read that right, I haven't done the fitness test yet. I was assured it wasn't a problem. I'm in the States right now staying with my parents (my Dad's in the USAF) because I did my University down here. After a year of getting my paperwork and such together, I finally got it in while I was up the the last week of July. Then the third week of Aug they called me to ask me if I could fly back up the following week to meet the application deadline, so I dropped 500$ (gasp!) out of my own pocket, to fly up there for a week. I did my entry exam, medical, and interview, and then flew back here. They assured me that it wasn't a problem for me to do my fitness test if I got the job, when I fly up to accept it. I guess that just means that I'll go do the fitness test, and when I pass it, then I'll be able to actually take the job. I was so relieve to hear that because I didn't have the time to do it while I was up there. So now I get to drop 500$ out of pocket (gasp again), to fly up there and do all of that. But, it's more than worth it to me, because I'm getting my dream job...  ;D

Maritime_Matt said:
I. AM. IN. THE. ARMY.

Congrats Maritime Matt! I hope to see you there. What was your first choice (if you don't mind me asking)?

Woo Hoo!  Got the call.  ;D ;D

I'm sure you'll breeze the fitness test Zubie.

See you in St. Jean!

Have any of you guys been asked to sign anything yet?  I haven't got a call to sign anything so far.  Hopefully soon.
I will feel better once I have a copy of a signed document in my hand!  Then I will go out and buy all my stuff (the swiffers,
q-tips, wd40, hand lotion, measuring tape, dental explorer, etc., etc.)

hoote said:
the swiffers, q-tips, wd40, hand lotion, measuring tape, dental explorer, etc., etc.)

What do you need all that shit for?

Back