• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO MARS 2016

shipirichiwa715

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first time on this site. I am currently on the Merit List for DEO MARS since Dec 1, 2015. I was told by the CFRC that there are 9 openings for DEO MARS for the new 2016-2017 fiscal year starting April 1, 2016. My questions are:

1) Does anyone know if there is a concrete date for selection for DEO MARS for the new fiscal year?

2) When is the next MARS course starting at VENTURE?

Thank you for all your input!

Good day,

I am currently on the merit list for DEO MARS officer, and I'm just wondering if anyone know when the next selection date for DEO MARS is.

Thanks

Asking multiple times isn't going to make an answer come faster.

Scott
Staff

It seem like every CFRC has a different answer on the number of DEO spots available for MARS this year. I still have to do my medical. If these numbers and dates are correct looks like I'll have to wait for another year...

runormal said:
I can't even apply for MARS for 5 years, because I'm a reservist.. I really don't think you have it that bad.

Oh damn I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think I have it bad, it's just that I'm slowly losing passion for my current full-time job.

BlueAngels14 said:
Oh damn I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think I have it bad, it's just that I'm slowly losing passion for my current full-time job.

It is apples and oranges, I'm a tad frustarated. It isn't your fault, and for that I apologize to you. I could release and re-apply which has been hinted to me by my CT broker as well as various friends as well as someone at the CFRC, but then I'd loose the reserves which quite frankly I enjoy. I'm just done school and now could commit full time. Plus if I release it isn't a guarantee, there is a waiting period, and it goes on and on. I'd happily wait 1,2, even 3 years for an interview while continuing to work with the reserves. It is just frustrating to be told nope no spots for 5 years and then to have people off the street to be hired before you. I'm not saying I'm the best candidate for MARS, but I find it insanse that I can't even get an interview, let alone apply until 5 years from now due to a backlog.

It is what is,  for what it is worth there are still spots remaining for DEO off the street, but I'm not sure how many, because when I checked the other night I glanced at the numbers briefly. Luckily for me, I enjoy what I'm doing right now during the day and have more or less given up going reg-f .

Best of luck, hopefully you hear something before April. :salute:

BlueAngels14 said:
It seem like every CFRC has a different answer on the number of DEO spots available for MARS this year. I still have to do my medical. If these numbers and dates are correct looks like I'll have to wait for another year...

Not only that, it seems that each time you walk in to talk to a recruiter in the same location you get a slightly different answer too, which is really frustrating. I've been waiting 3.5 years now...

shipirichiwa715 said:
Good day,
I am currently on the merit list for DEO MARS officer, and I'm just wondering if anyone know when the next selection date for DEO MARS is.
Thanks

They just did a round of selections for DEO Occupations with BMOQ to start on 23 May.  MARS is usually one of the occupations, where positions are offered early in the new recruiting cycle.

You might want to give your CFRC a call just to ensure your file is "up to date" and current.

DAA said:
They just did a round of selections for DEO Occupations with BMOQ to start on 23 May.  MARS is usually one of the occupations, where positions are offered early in the new recruiting cycle.

You might want to give your CFRC a call just to ensure your file is "up to date" and current.

Hi DAA,

Thank you so much for answering my question:)

I took your advice and phoned CFRC Vancouver, and I was told that ALL positions for the new fiscal year won't be open and the selection process on those positions won't start until April 1, 2016; therefore those people who were selected to go to the May 23 BMOQ were offered jobs that are still vacant in this current fiscal year.

Is there any way that you can verify that answer from CFRC Vancouver?

runormal said:
It is apples and oranges, I'm a tad frustarated. It isn't your fault, and for that I apologize to you. I could release and re-apply which has been hinted to me by my CT broker as well as various friends as well as someone at the CFRC, but then I'd loose the reserves which quite frankly I enjoy. I'm just done school and now could commit full time. Plus if I release it isn't a guarantee, there is a waiting period, and it goes on and on. I'd happily wait 1,2, even 3 years for an interview while continuing to work with the reserves. It is just frustrating to be told nope no spots for 5 years and then to have people off the street to be hired before you. I'm not saying I'm the best candidate for MARS, but I find it insanse that I can't even get an interview, let alone apply until 5 years from now due to a backlog.

It is what is,  for what it is worth there are still spots remaining for DEO off the street, but I'm not sure how many, because when I checked the other night I glanced at the numbers briefly. Luckily for me, I enjoy what I'm doing right now during the day and have more or less given up going reg-f .

Best of luck, hopefully you hear something before April. :salute:

No need to apologize runormal, I totally understand your frustration now that you've elaborated further. I also find it weird that they would tell you that you can't apply for Reg F with your reserves background. I thought there is a set of procedures and steps for reserves to convert to regular. Perhaps it's because there aren't many spots open each year for MARS and you also have to write the MOST that's why the wait time is so long? I'm glad to hear that you enjoy your current job in the reserves though. Thank you and thank you for your service! :salute:

shipirichiwa715 said:
Hi DAA,

Thank you so much for answering my question:)

I took your advice and phoned CFRC Vancouver, and I was told that ALL positions for the new fiscal year won't be open and the selection process on those positions won't start until April 1, 2016; therefore those people who were selected to go to the May 23 BMOQ were offered jobs that are still vacant in this current fiscal year.

Is there any way that you can verify that answer from CFRC Vancouver?

Some of those job offers for Officers could very well be coming from the current year but there are probably a good number of next year positions included in this group as well. 

So simply put, the answer you have, isn't entirely correct.    :(

PS - for what it's worth, anyone who uses the date "1 Apr" in a context such as the one you mention above, isn't very familiar with the recruiting processes and I wouldn't trust them.  Next years positions were OPEN for both Attractions and Processing back in January.  :facepalm:

Spoke with my Recruiter a couple of weeks ago, he informed me that there are 9 MARS roles available for this Fiscal Year, and selection would begin in July "Unless anything changes".

Based on what I've seen in the Forum, looks like the earliest BMOQ after May 23rd is in September.

I'm just sitting tight until selection happens, not much to do once you get Merit Listed.

NorthernOtter said:
Spoke with my Recruiter a couple of weeks ago, he informed me that there are 9 MARS roles available for this Fiscal Year, and selection would begin in July "Unless anything changes".

See also,

DEO Intake Numbers for 16/17 
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/122441.0.html
MARS (00207): 9
"These are projected estimates effective 17-Mar-16 and are subject to change based on the needs of the Canadian Armed Forces."

Jeez... This MARS DEO applicants list just keeps growing ::) Looks like these scarce 9 spots are going to be very competitive... In my current workplace alone there are already two applicants including myself, we just haven't been merit listed yet.

Looks like the MARS numbers have gone up to 18 this year.

DEO Intake Numbers for 16/17 
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/122441.0.html
MARS (00207): 18

Also heard from Halifax Recruiting Center that selection has moved up to June, so we could be hearing offers End of Month or early July.

Time to start some running training. 

two questions: 1) on average, is 18 a high or low intake of DEO MARS for a year? It seems low to me but I have zero background. 2)Blueangel14, have any knowledge of why your application is taking more than a year?

DEO is only one of many intake streams; there's ROTP; UTPNCM; CT-skilled; CT-unskilled; CFR; SRP; SRCP; OTs... many ways that the CAF meets personnel demands.

I guess i didnt phrase my question properly. Is the RCN low on MARS officers at the moment? or is me graduating next summer and wanting to apply for MARS come this fall bad timing?

Just got the call on the 16th, was offered MARS and of course I accepted. BMOQ is October 24th!

Back