• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO - Pilot - Questions

R.C. said:
filoufil: a few of us on this thread are getting our information directly from our file managers and passing it on as it comes in.

I am curious about what you mean when you say the "numbers of positions are different from those in recruiting as well as in-service". As I've been informed, by my file manager, the DEO pilot selection is nation-wide -- when it's closed, it's closed (until such time that the CF decides more hires are necessary, which often occurs in April, when the new fiscal year begins).

"in-service" means positions for people already in the CF and applying to transfer internally. The numbers are always separate from what the CFRCs are recruiting for. Positions for "in service" are often open when positions for "off-the-street" recruiting are closed.

CDN Aviator said:
No, that;s not what he said.

I also said please clarify in the event I am reading things incorrectly. I now have just seen your explanation...which leads to more questions.

How often are "in service" reservations filled completely? Is this an annual recurrence in which there is a deadline for "in-service" candidates ?  Perhaps this explains why some people on the recruiting side are still processing.

skyhigh10 said:
Perhaps this explains why some people on the recruiting side are still processing.

Then again, perhaps they aren't aware that it is closed and are processing for nothing.

CDN Aviator said:
"in-service" means positions for people already in the CF and applying to transfer internally. The numbers are always separate from what the CFRCs are recruiting for. Positions for "in service" are often open when positions for "off-the-street" recruiting are closed.

Thanks CDN Aviator for clarifying my statement.

As for your other questions skyhigh10, I am not aware of the statistics of past years. The CFRCs are maybe still processing files to have them ready for the next fiscal year.

skyhigh10 said:
Hence why we are inquiring ;)

Sorry, but I can't speak for the individual Centre's and how they manage their files, so any comment on that would be mere speculation.  If they are processing these files, then they have a reason and what that reason is, who knows.

DAA said:
Sorry, but I can't speak for the individual Centre's and how they manage their files, so any comment on that would be mere speculation.  If they are processing these files, then they have a reason and what that reason is, who knows.

So that leads me back to my original point.  DEO could be closed, yet some centres are still processing while others are not.

Thanks for your help! 

skyhigh10 said:
So that leads me back to my original point.  DEO could be closed, yet some centres are still processing while others are not.

Thanks for your help!

No, CDN Aviator clearly answered your original point by clarifying what I meant with my post. Then you asked more questions to which we answered that we don't really know the statistics of past years and can't speak for the CFRCs.

Anyway, I wish everything is understood now.

filoufil said:
No, CDN Aviator clearly answered your original point by clarifying what I meant with my post. Then you asked more questions to which we answered that we don't really know the statistics of past years and can't speak for the CFRCs.

Anyway, I wish everything is understood now.

I understood that part. But as the one individual wrote above ... maybe they are processing when they shouldn't be? Maybe they are for next year? Maybe Maybe Maybe! 

We were just wondering if they are changing some standards this year where processing will continue.

Thanks

Curious if anyone knows the contract commitment for being a pilot through the DEO route?
Thanks

Welcome to Army.ca, ciesielczuk

Have you done any research about that on this Site?

Please do so. Most questions have already been extensively answered.

And you'll likely find answers to other questions that have not even occurred to you yet.

ciesielczuk said:
Curious if anyone knows the contract commitment for being a pilot through the DEO route?
Thanks

9 years

Back