• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Departmental Review

dunlop303

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a departmental review that is due for a decision through the pensions advocates.
They took the case once I demonstrated the only a my last decision could have been reached was to ignore 3/4 of the diagnosis, using all possible rating tables.

Has anyone else gone down this road? There has been zero feed back since I got the advocates rolling, VAC acknowledges that the decision is past due.

What were your outcomes? / timelines?

Hey Dunlop, might this be for your CIB application?

Don't want to pry, of course, just wondering as I'm still awaiting my CIB decision. If I recall correctly, your case seemed like a slam dunk. If yours wasnt a yes, no way in hell mine is.

Hey Rob,
The CIB decision is still outstanding, it was due on Nov.11. I notified the minister and VAC, they says they are running at about the standard + 4 weeks late.
So hopefully i'll have some information on that in the next two weeks.

The departmental review is for a Traumatic Brain Injury decision, they initially rated it at %15, which would account only for the 100+ headaches per year portion and they would have ignored everything else on the diagnosis (Numbness, Irretracable Pain, and Strength Loss all on the left side). The review decision itself is also overdue, it was due on Nov.22nd. VAC basically said everything that needs any adjudication is pretty much 4 weeks behind schedule.

Its sad, this is AFTER they have hired and trained additional adjudicators... Its the result of zero accountability I guess.

Back