• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Deployment

Jason Bourne

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey,

Just wondering when the next oppurtunity for SigOp's to go overseas will be, like..what unit will be heading over next. I imagine apprentices graduating from CFSCE this year will be posted to these units? I was also wondering if JSR deploys by itself and works for itself overseas or works with other units.

Jason

If you are posted to CFJSR or to any of the the HQ and Sigs Sqns in Edmonton, Petawawa or Valcartier (in that order) you are probably have an opportunity to go on tour.  LFCA and LFWA both have units/rotations up for deployment in the coming year.

Most of those apprentices for this year will be going to a HQ & Sig sqn, not to an out-unit. Some recent graduates have been going direct to out units but we hear that that is going to slow down. That being said; sigs from the sqn in Pet should get the chance to go on roto4 to Kabul in Aug. I believe roto 5 is Edmonton (anybody else sure about that one?).  If you get the chance to do a tour as a sig in Afghanistan jump at it. It is the best time you will ever have doing the job.  :salute:

For the tour coming up in Aug when will they know if they are adding the extra troops?

-KaT

Havent heard yet. They are playing this one close to the chest. Kinda got my fingers crossed for a second trip over myself.  ^-^

Oh ok. My boyfriend is hoping to hear, he wants to go but wasn't on the first list...he's hoping he'll be added if the more troops are added.

-KaT

PteKec said:
Oh ok. My boyfriend is hoping to hear, he wants to go but wasn't on the first list...he's hoping he'll be added if the more troops are added.

-KaT

TO&E will have been done and it will only be a matter of selecting the people now.  JSR already knows who is going and are training now.  If your boyfriend is here, and he is telling you he doesn't know, question him.  He may be an alternate but chances are he is leading you along.

So RadOp, your guys brushing up on their telephone answering and photocopying skills?

Acutally he's at HQ and Sigs in Pet. He didn't even get an alterative position. He really wants this tour though.

-KaT

Luck881 said:
So RadOp, your guys brushing up on their telephone answering and photocopying skills?

SRC buddy, no photocopying, no switchboard. lol

Once I get promoted, maybe I will get an MM.

One subordinate, two ottercomms buddy.

PteKec said:
Acutally he's at HQ and Sigs in Pet. He didn't even get an alterative position. He really wants this tour though.

-KaT

No he is not but Luck is as we swapped places eh luck.  I will get a tour and I went to Afghanistan and will probably be back there for Nov or Dec this year.  The rank is the only thing I don't know at this time.

Canadian Sig said:
   B troop?

I was for two years you know that.  So watch what you say or I will sic the women from ops on you!!!!!

Sorry Radop. Was asking KaT if her other half was B tp. Turns out he works with me. Keep the ops women off. I already have one female sig to deal with..lol  :salute:

PteKec said:
Hmmm...I dunno...sounds skeptical to me..... :p

Its an inside joke and he is married to another sig op from the sqn in pet

I will be willing to bet there will be one.  Maybe I will be on it from Kingston.

Back