• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Details of DRDC medical tests

gobelin

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

I applied for a DEO pilot position and I did my CFAT, medical screening, and interview.  It all went very well and I am now preparing for the week in Trenton and Toronto.  I did quite a bit of digging on this forum but couldn't quite find the answer I'm looking for, so if someone could help that would be very much appreciated.

I would like to know what the medical part in Toronto consists in. From what I understand I will be there for a couple of days, so I'm just wondering what specific tests I will be going through for a few full days.  I know that there will be anthropomorphic measurements, but I am wondering what other particular tests are performed there.  Will there be any physical tests (e.g.  Cardiovascular, pushups, pullups, etc) that I can prepare for?

Also, while in Trenton, will I be doing anything else besides flying the simulator?

Thanks all for your help!

The medical tests are fairly standard.  I'm not sure how much of the exact details I'm allowed to say (maybe I can, but I'll give myself the benefit of the doubt), but alot of the standard tests (vision, heart, lung function, hearing, etc.).  If you look up what a Transport Canada Category 1 pilot medical is, it is pretty similar to that with a few extra tests.  There is no exercise component to it, and there isn't really anything to prepare for, maybe just eat healthy and don't show up fatigued.  They block off 2 days for the medical tests but it may take less time than that.

There is computer based testing as well as the simulator in Trenton.  If you haven't received your ASC instructions/study guide yet, it will tell you everything you need to know.  The computer testing is like the CFAT and hard to prepare for, just be very mentally focused and you will do OK.

Great thanks for the info crosswind!

I got my CAPSS study guide a while ago but nothing else came with it.  I actually did not know about the CFAT-like test at Trenton, so I'm glad you mentioned it!  At least now I know what to expect when they call me to schedule my tests.

This article, by an MO at CFEME, discusses Aircrew Medical Selection including some mention of the tests involved.
http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/dfs-dsv/pub/nr-sp/index-eng.asp?id=10280

Back