• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEU

paddydog

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello
Does anyone know where I can purchase a recent army DEU in the Montreal area?
Thanks

If you are RegF, you get one issued. Not too sure about ResF.  Then there's Logistik online, but you need to be a member of the CF.  If you're not a member, stop being a poser.
Regards, BYTD 

If you want to use it in a production of a play, movie, or some other type of demonstration and you can demonstrate that its use will bring no discredit on the Canadian Forces, you may be able to borrow one from a local unit.  If you want it for something else, go to a recruiting centre, sign on the dotted line, wait, train, prove yourself and earn it.

paddydog said:
Hello
Does anyone know where I can purchase a recent army DEU in the Montreal area?
Thanks

Looking at your profile & see this:

Unit: CAR

Are you a retired member of the CF (I am assuming that, and service in the Airborne Regt)??

Veronica

Pusser, see below, PM me for any detail.
2 Cdo, 8 Pl
79 - 81
Recce Patrolman
Coin:0241x

FFL
2 REP
84-89

BYT Driver - never assume until you investigate ;)
Vero - correct assumption - see above !

Can someone please respond to my question?

Merci.

Tell us why you want it and someone may be able to help you out.

Milnet.ca Staff

Didn't realize this was gonna be so tough, but ok here we go.
I'm making a uniform for my collection.
I live in Europe and I don't have access to the surplus stores carrying Canadian forces kit.
I just need to know where to purchase a simple Army DEU size: Coat Mans -  7040 approx.., Trouser 7034 approx. New to Mint.
No stings attached.
Hope that clarifies, a) I'm not a poser, b) or a Walter Mitty, c) or thet I want to discredit anything or anyone and d) I'm just an ex-soldier
I really hope that the message is comprehensible.
Thanks for any info.
D.

So, now that you've clarified what you want, and why you want it, perhaps some here may have surplus they can send you.

Much easier, eh?  ;) Try being a little more open and a little less cryptic next time. You're the one that made it tough. You should have posted this info in you initial request.

Milnet.ca Staff

ditto...what he said.
You should have asked properly in the first place rather than just ask a general question.  And my comment still stands, now that you've asked properly and told us why, perhaps someone would be nice enough to send you some old DEU kit...sorry, I had to turn mine in when I CT'd.
:piper:

Hey Recceguy...thanks for your guidance here. ;)

My initial email .. indicates that I am going to be in Montreal and that I can purchase (at a surplus store for example).
However anyone with more effective ideas, thanks.

Thanks to anyone on THIS very useful site for advice and/or some pointers that could help.

SSF boots not required.

Cheers

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.
Please explain your Airborne coin number 0241X  (unless the X is a digit you don't want to share)
I served with the CAR  late 70s and your coin number doesn't jive.
Please PM me

57Chevy said:
Sorry I didn't see this earlier.
Please explain your Airborne coin number 0241X  (unless the X is a digit you don't want to share)
I served with the CAR  late 70s and your coin number doesn't jive.
Please PM me

Name is posted here  -  from last year ...  ;)

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/88422.0

Besides - Way back then, apparently the numbers were off as compared to later years of issue.

coin numbers
by sikoram on Mon 10 May, 2004 11:21 pm

I received coin 6387 in May 2003 after requesting one from Joe Drouin and sending off my UERS. By the way, I served in 2CDO from 1968-1974 so the numbers don't mean shit.

Mike Sikora
Silver Jumper

E-mailWebsiteTop
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Bobby on Tue 11 May, 2004 8:56 pm

The coins were introduced in Christmas 1976 by Col Ian Fraser. Everybody lined up at the mess hall for our Christmas Dinner in 1976.
1 Commando were first in the line followed by 2 Commando. The coins were issued in sequence so depending where you were in the line depended on your coin number. The coins were then issued in sequence in the the years that followed right up to disbandment.
Guys like Mike who were the early pioneers of the Airborne were given the coins and the number reflected the date they applied for the coin. Perhaps the date a man served in the unit should be put on the coins.

Regimental Coins
by Coin 3997 on Thu 11 Mar, 2004 12:21 pm

I've been curious as of late with regards to how high the serial numbers on our Regimental Coin goes. For instance, I received my coin in '86 and I am 3984, so for the guys who got theirs later could you post on the year and number. I'm wondering how many coins are actually out there, 5000, 7500 or even 10,000.......

W.

"Fair Winds
Soft Landings"

I'm imagining that he indeed doesn't wish to post his last number, but judging by the thread in Commando.org, his number certainly seems to be in keeping with the time period he recd it.

His name also matches what I was sent via PM earlier today.

armyvern,
              I am quite aware of what is written on Commando.org. I am also a member.
I was referring as to his coin number being 0241, which would not be correct in relation to his time
with the CAR. He should not have used the "zero" figure. As per your quote, the coin was introduced
in 1976 which started with coin number 1 (no coin number is preceded with zeros') and every
subsequent commando recieved the next coin. Mine is coin number 144*. Further, the commandos
who served prior to 76 recieved coin numbers relating to their demand date. And if a coin had been lost, a replacement coin with the original number would be issued with the number followed by an "R".
Another words coin number 241 would have to be from 1976.
He should have made it clear and state coin number 241*. (if that be so)
This is the reason for my previous post.

57Chevy said:
armyvern,
He should have made it clear and state coin number 241*. (if that be so)
This is the reason for my previous post.

He gave you his first 3, I posted you his name --- you know where to confirm it yes? No? Either his name matches one of the 10 possibilities, or it doesn't. Fill 'yer boots. ;)

57 Chevy,

Forget the PM - let's get it out here.

Gotta be a 'trust' issue I guess.

The  full number is 02414.

Cheers again  ;)

paddydog said:
57 Chevy,
Forget the PM - let's get it out here.
I always appreciate it when someone tries to tell me where i was and when. Gotta be a 'trust' isssue I guess.
The  full number is 02414 - I can scan it and put it up here if that makes you happier, sir.
BTW - I appreciate that comment from you Airborne brother....So what is YOUR coin number.....and get yer wallet out cause I consider that email of yours a challenge - that means the BEER is in you.
Cheers again  ;)
pddydog .......no challenge there brother, my number is 1446.
You might know about the latest commando p-o-s-e-r from Cdo.org site.
It kinda put me on my toes a bit. ;D
By the way, I didn't send you an email.
:cheers:

Thanks bro, You can take care of the POSER, then I'll get the beers. ;D
Lotta sick people out there etc. so I can understand the reactions when someone shows up with all the stories etc.

Take care

In case anybody out there is interested on the P-O-S-E-R , I'm adding the link to the forum discussion
at Cdo.org here: http://www.commando.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5112

You are hereby warned of language standard of that forum.
I hope this is ok by the Mods.

Back