• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Did anyone say bacon? :D

George Wallace said:
How else did their pig get into a Timmies washroom?

Well, at 15 lbs, it would have been hard to smuggle it in under one's coat.  ;)

But yeah, sounds like it could be a prank.

I'm not going to start a new thread for this new idea.

from thestar.com

d25c7c454416995ebf979e06ec75.jpeg

Coloured bacon creator reveals his secret
2010/07/07 10:10:00

Lesley Ciarula Taylor
Staff Reporter An Ottawa graphic designer has revealed the secret behind his Internet sensation of coloured bacon.

Bacon. Grocery store food colouring. Water. And time.

Neil Caldwell marinates strips of regular supermarket bacon in baths of yellow, red, green and purple dye for from 24 to 30 hours. Then he fries the strips and – voila – red, orange, yellow, blue and purple bacon.

:-X

More at link...

Yes, I know the thread is a few months old, but it is a bacon thread and better than starting a new topic.

Just watched a talk show demonstrating this new drink. I had to search for an example to post here.
From YouTube: Bacon Infused Vodka Caesar

While this drink is being infused, lest just say the image is disgusting.

I never thought of this thread when I found this image a couple of weeks ago.  While the note is hilarious, it's the P.S. I like.  :nod:

soy_facker_note_20100714_1936445066.jpg

Read this thread before I left work today.  Had to have bacon for supper tonight  ;D

So much talk about bacon and other meats, and I'm surprised no one has mentioned Epic Meal Time yet.  :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXjxHQQxcLw

*disclaimer:  I don't advise anyone to actually make or eat any of the stuff they make/eat on there.*

Jim Seggie said:
Does anyone remember the freeze dried rations from the lat 70's/early 80's? I beleive they were called LRP rations.

Chili  was one item
Chicken stew was another.....
The chili was actually quite good.
Also much easier to hump in the field compared to the canned rations of the day.

That processed bacon probably has no real meat in it. It's healthier than the real stuff!

Hahaha. This is the most random thread ever. I love it!

Is the processed stuff really better for you than the legit bacon?

willellis said:

Considering the possibility of contracting ringworm or other nasty parasites...or that pigs eat, sleep, root in their own crap, I would be betting on the processed substance.

willellis said:

Bacon flavoured Styrofoam...

Everyone enjoys the ubiquitous meatloaf dinner. Try this bacon wrapped meatloaf.

alabama-fatty-food-400x400.jpg

Alabama: Bacon-wrapped meatloaf

With the second-highest obesity rate in the country—behind only neighboring Mississippi—you’d expect to find some fattening culprits in the deep-fried-bacon-loving south. And Chef Kevin Layton of Greer’s Market, in Mobile, does not disappoint with his bacon-wrapped meatloaf recipe. “People ask for it on a weekly basis,” he told WKRG News in 2008.

Ingredients: Meatloaf made with ground beef, onion, bell pepper, celery, eggs, breadcrumbs, and seasonings, then wrapped in bacon.
Fat content: One 3-ounce serving of 80% lean meatloaf has roughly 14 grams of fat. Each slice of bacon will cost you an additional 3 grams of fat.

I saw this alarm clock on Shark Tank and immediately thought of this thread.

http://mattysallin.wordpress.com/2011/03/20/wake-n-bacon/

Back