• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Differences in Application Process- Regular and Reserves

sgt_stewart

Inactive
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between the application process for the regular force and reserve. The online application is a bit ambiguous and doesn't state any difference.

Hi,

there is not realy a difference in the application, the only thing I see it's the time that gonna take to join in the army....for reserve what I know on my side it's Quicker than the regular....

Anything else?

Do you have to submit the same amount of paperwork, references, and documentation for both?

i've been posting an application for reserve last summer but...it was not enought interesting for me so i've continue till i've been accept in regular forces, but if I remember well there was a little difference between the number of reference you should have to give in reserve ( less ) but i'm realy not sure about it....

sorry for that anyone know more than me about it ??

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/theapplicationprocess-106#introduction-0

This is a complete breakdown into the application process. this site also highlights any differences that occur between regular and reserve.

For example under step 6, Physical Fitness Test, the site mentions that regular force soldiers will complete this test during their BMQ at St. Jean. Reserve force soldiers however, will have to pass a fitness test as part of their application.

As far as the form is concerned, to the best of my knowledge the paperwork is the same.

sgt_stewart, not meaning to hijack your thread but my question is relevant to yours and I don't believe it warrants starting an entirely new thread.

I am planning on joining the reserves very soon. The only difference I can see between joining the regular force and the primary reserves is that you have to go directly to the reserve unit you wish to join and the reserve unit requires two letters of recommendation from current/past employers/teachers. My question is this: do I require those two letters of reference when I go down to submit my application? Or does that come later in the process? Also are there any guidelines to these letters my employer should follow? Or do they just write what they think is best?

My problem is that I an working one full time job and one part time job averaging about 60 hours per week, and any time I take off I do have to make up that workweek so I would really like to get this right the first attempt.

On a side note, my local recruiting centre is quite a bit closer to where I live than my reserve unit of choice. Is is possible for me just to go down and submit my forms and I.D, transcripts...ect, to my recruiting centre instead of the reserve?

Thank you for your assistance.

Heum....

Seriously I think the best way to know this will be to call you're
CFRC and ask to speak with an recruter...

Sorry for this but it's the only way to get the good anwser.

Back