• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Disappearance of forums and threads/topics

Padraig OCinnead

Inactive
Reaction score
I've noticed the disappearance of forums and threads/topics. One day I can see an interesting item, such as the one that contained the editorial replies, and threads/topics such as the one discussing which Unions were sponsors/endorsers to the CPA and it's proposed demonstrations against CF in Afghanistan.

I understand the motive behind removing the inflammatory ones that may bring heat or are in contradiction with the standing orders of this website but was wondering if I may have missed something WRT the above mentioned items. The reason I was wondering is that my wife is a member of CUPE and was the Union Rep for the part time staff at a nearby University. I mentioned this topic a day or two after I had noticed the thread but it had already been removed. I was able to get the info from the CPA website.

Where do they go? Can I still get one such as the Union one?

I can't see why the union thread would "go away" but maybe it got moved to something more like the politics section?

As for the "Ruxted" editorials they have graduated to their own web site to help facilitate their flight.

Welcome......http://ruxted.ca/

If you have saved the link to a specific thread and it doesn't work anymore, another reason is often that threads have been merged.  If you are unable to find it using a search, or checking through the board that it is best suited for, another idea is to check out your own previous posts (if you posted in it) or previous posts of a member that you know contributed to it.

navymich said:
If you have saved the link to a specific thread and it doesn't work anymore, another reason is often that threads have been merged.  If you are unable to find it using a search, or checking through the board that it is best suited for,

With any controversial subject, I have noticed that mulitple threads get started for various reasons. I also noticed that multiple/same subject threads get cleaned up and merged, the best way to find the information is search/advance search.

Sometimes Google is better for searching this site:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/50522/post-447453.html#msg447453

Back