• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Disrespect by CDS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it he's implying the family could have waited until a more convenient (and warm) date to have the funeral rather then mess up the CDS' schedule. 

Schindler's Lift said:
I take it he's implying the family could have waited until a more convenient (and warm) date to have the funeral rather then mess up the CDS' schedule.
If that's the case, I'd be interested in how that poster would phrase a delicate approach a family in grief with, "hey, we'd love to come to the funeral, but it's doesn't really fit our schedule right now - would you consider moving it just a touch?"

expwor said:
I don't think it was so much disrespect as it was disorganization of the CDS schedule.  Ramsay Withers passed away was circumstances beyond the control of CDS.
But he passed away Dec 24th 2014.  His funeral was Jan 10, 2015. So even if the CDS has no control over some events to attend, namely the funeral, there certainly was enough time, at least in my opinion, for CDS to contact the Calgary Highlanders for a re-schedule of the parade.  They could have been contacted to have the date moved.
Yes it was a case of two events falling on the same date.  But it wasn't a case that one of those events happened at the last minute, they had time IMHO to reschedule the parade so the CDS could attend both the funeral and the parade.
But I emphasize I see it more disorganization, not disrespect
Anyhow a civie's, and former Reservist's point of view for what it's worth

Tom

You people grossly under-estimate how busy the CDS really is.  Btw, the CDS doesn't really control his schedule, his staff does.  His EA was probably juggling about two dozen different events and it's also the end of Christmas break so the staff work would have been piling up at 101 Col By....

Also, this is the army last I heard, we take orders from our superiors, not the other way around.  The commendation was surely well earned but this thread should never have been created.

RoyalDrew said:
You people grossly under-estimate how busy the CDS really is.  Btw, the CDS doesn't really control his schedule, his staff does.  His EA was probably juggling about two dozen different events and it's also the end of Christmas break so the staff work would have been piling up at 101 Col By....

Also, this is the army last I heard, we take orders from our superiors, not the other way around.  The commendation was surely well earned but this thread should never have been created.

Yup. I should know by now that subtle hints don't work on a number of posters here.

---Staff---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back