• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DND 404 - Driver's Licence ( merged )

TCBF said:
- Tactically backing a trailer over rough ground at night into a tactical harbour is a waste of time - give vehs with trailers a 'drivethrough' spot.

I say take out the tree.. gun it in forth... I know the HLVW PLS can...

Do note the following: MSE Safety doesn't agree with my method of habour drills. Go figure.

Sgt  Schultz said:
I say take out the tree.. gun it in forth... I know the HLVW PLS can...

Do note the following: MSE Safety doesn't agree with my method of habour drills. Go figure.

There is so much wrong with the above that I won't even try to correct it.

Having driven a HLVW PLS I wouldn't recommend the above, as you'll have no lights left in your rear. 

Trees are a commodity in the Field these days, and you may land up paying some fine for damages to them.  You may remember that we can't cut cam anymore.

Backing with trailers at night in tight spaces is an art.  Jackknifing a trailer in the woods in the dark sucks.

George Wallace said:
There is so much wrong with the above that I won't even try to correct it.

Having driven a HLVW PLS I wouldn't recommend the above, as you'll have no lights left in your rear. 

Trees are a commodity in the Field these days, and you may land up paying some fine for damages to them.  You may remember that we can't cut cam anymore.

Backing with trailers at night in tight spaces is an art.  Jackknifing a trailer in the woods in the dark sucks.

Been there done that.  ;D

George Wallace said:

- Perhaps Strange Control should hire Forst Meisters: "Ja, ja, zat tree vill costet you seven tousand Riechsmarks!"

TCBF said:
- Perhaps Strange Control should hire Forst Meisters: "Ja, ja, zat tree vill costet you seven tousand Riechsmarks!"

Ah!  Those were the days.  Still remember the cost of a deer. 

Did you want to derail this big time and talk about Manoeuvre Damage?

George Wallace said:
Ah!  Those were the days.  Still remember the cost of a deer. 

Did you want to derail this big time and talk about Manoeuvre Damage?

- Start a Manoever Schaden thread.  The Truth will shock the young'uns.

TCBF said:
- Start a Manoever Schaden thread.  The Truth will shock the young'uns.

Something like, IIRC, over 3 million Can $ (at about 3DM60 to the $) the first week of Reforger72. That was just for us ;)

OK, trying to read into what the "experienced" are saying (and since this thread is utterly hijacked):

Reforger 1972, somewhere in the German country side, you guys did 9 MILLION Deutchmarks worth of tree destruction?

Dissident said:
OK, trying to read into what the "experienced" are saying (and since this thread is utterly hijacked):

Reforger 1972, somewhere in the German country side, you guys did 9 MILLION Deutchmarks worth of tree destruction?

Total damage. Crops, trees & fruit trees (there's a difference in accounting methods), had a small incident with a trout hatchery and an arty sim, buildings, roads, a few chickens.........

Adds up pretty quick. The Brits are worse, but they don't care. Germany is still paying their war debt (I think)

See when you wreck a fruit tree, you pay for the tree, the fruit it would have produced, the trees that fruit would have produced and the fruit they would have.......well, you get the idea. I think, IIRC, it's for ten years. Same for a chicken and it's eggs or trout....trout have lots of eggs ;)

Trinity said:
I want to disagree

We had people get 404's without a civilian licence. 

They are two different and separate licences.

Now, of course, I'd like an MESOP instructor to come in
and verify...  cause I think your wrong Max.

From a trucker....... I am currently in a safety supervisor position and this is a question that comes up daily. Somebody who does not have a civy license can be issued 404's, providing they take a ddc course, write their ont sup, and dit test and complete a full driver wheel. once this is completed they will be issued 404's. Now someone who has a FULL g license can be issued 404's for staff car and panel van providing they have a ddc course and write their ont sup and dit. 404's are interesting in the way that they reflect your civy license. lose your civy.... lose your 404's. I hope this helps, any other questions just pm me.... along the same lines you do not get your 404's back until your civy license is returned, without restrictions, and only then your local safety cell should issue your 404's back

I created this little forum for anyone who might have questions about 404's, I am currently a safety supervisor and troubleshoot this topic daily. Feel free to pick my brain.

I highly suggest that you use the search function here before posting anymore topics on the subject.  MSE OPs and 404s are covered many times in threads such as  "driver's corner 1, 2, 3"
Cheers, BYTD

Noob here.

I have just applied put in my application for joining the Comm Res and am wondering what my DND 404 covers. I know that it will cover me driving the radio truck but I don't know what else.

If you know could please tell me.

The 404 is the vehicle license you carry. The 416 contains all driver related qualifications that may be displayed on the 404.

Ok Folks,
You Jimmies need to search and read.
This thread was locked ???
And then reopened by you who could have easily searched this thread and others for the information you are looking for.
Your 404's cover a lot of vehicles you are qualified to operate/drive.  Back on page 3, someone was kind enough to list out the qual codes.
404's DO NOT give you the right or privilege to drive mom's car on the streets WITHOUT A PDL.  Some reserved units allow non MSEOps to drive SMP without a PDL.  ALL MSEOps will hold a PDL prior to gaining a 404.
And the final answer is...when in doubt ask your Safety Section, they have all the final and unquestionable answers.

Cheers, BYTD

Maybe you can answer this, as MSE in Edmonton wasn't able to and the list that accompanied the latest version of my 404s didn't list these two Specialties: Q and Z.

Also, as a side note there is no Class & Level for the Nanuk/LAV RWS - I believe it falls under a "configuration" of the LAV III.

Lone Wolf AT said:
Specialty
A-propane operation
B-air brake
C-dangerous goods
E-DDC
EI-Interactive DDC
F-SBC
G-PDIC
H-Ramp DDC
J-Driver Instructor
K-Driver Examiner