• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Do I have a chance?

FlyBot

Inactive
Reaction score
I have searched the forum and I found responses that gave me somewhat of an idea if I had a chance, but still left me with questions as none of the answers were specific to my life (obviously)

I graduated high school last year and since then, I have been taking online courses (gr.11 physics and gr.12 math ). I have also been working as a dishwasher/painter, and volunteering at various places like, women's shelters, animal shelters, children's events, etc.

I was planning on going to college but over the past year my interest in the military has grown. At this point I want to apply but at the same time
I don't know how competitive I would be. I am interested im the navy for these specific positions; hull technician, electrician technician and naval electronic sensor operator. I am realy good at math, and have developed my spatial "skills" over the year. Would my Cfat score be enough or would I not even get that far.

There are many practice tests for CFAT that I would highly recommend if your nervous of the test. If your having trouble finding them send me a PM and I'll do a quick search and send you some links. 

But like 211RadOp says without practicing it or doing it you won't know.

How much would my lack of work experience and no post secondary hinder my chances,  if at all?

A quick phone call to the recruiters office will easily sort that out.

Just ask "I'm wondering if there is any post secondary requirement for these job postings"

They'll be able to check out what they need if anything.

As for work experience (correct me if I'm wrong anyone) isn't a necessity for most jobs. It definitely helps,  but requirements are usually just schooling.

Don't take my word for it though,  call the recruiter tomorrow to check

FlyBot said:
I have searched the forum and I found responses that gave me somewhat of an idea if I had a chance, but still left me with questions as none of the answers were specific to my life (obviously)

I graduated high school last year and since then, I have been taking online courses (gr.11 physics and gr.12 math ). I have also been working as a dishwasher/painter, and volunteering at various places like, women's shelters, animal shelters, children's events, etc.

I was planning on going to college but over the past year my interest in the military has grown. At this point I want to apply but at the same time
I don't know how competitive I would be. I am interested im the navy for these specific positions; hull technician, electrician technician and naval electronic sensor operator. I am realy good at math, and have developed my spatial "skills" over the year. Would my Cfat score be enough or would I not even get that far.

You will be fine. The military will teach you everything you need to know.

FlyBot said:
Would my Cfat score be enough or would I not even get that far.

211RadOp said:
Until you do the CFAT, you will not know.

Your CFAT score is all that counts!!!  The better you do, the greater the likelihood your application will proceed further.

Back