• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Does all your BOTC kit stay with you upon graduation?

rob1972

Inactive
Reaction score
I know that they issue you a lot of kit when you start your BOTC.  But when you graduate, do you take everything with you to your next course or do you return it and get issued new stuff when you get to your next course?

just in case anyone wants to jack me up for not checking for an answer before I post, I spent half an hour searching the posts for something and I found nothing.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Depends on Element and trade according to some other posts I have seen on the site......

Well, I am waiting for word on whether I will be invited to the NOAB at the end of Sept or early Oct, so my plan is to become a MARS officer in the Navy.  I was just curious about the kit since it seems that so much of what they issue you is more Army related.  Thanks for the info.

It would be safe to assume that all the green stuff you were issued will be taken back, and you'll just keep your NCDs. But things might be different for you, for one reason or another, being DEO(?) vice being ROTP.

You'll get issued more black stuff when you go on NETPO.

My brother is Navy, and had to give back pretty much all of his "Army related" gear (CADPAT, helmet, rucksack, webbing, etc.), except for his combat boots, t-shirts, and possibly other trinkets he didn't tell me about. Obviously, he kept his Navy kit and got more during NETPO, like cheeky_monkey said. :)

Good luck!

Thanks for the info.  I know it is such a minor thing and its still a long way  from now.  But I just had the question pop into my curious little head so I thought I'd ask.

I have been doing as much research and reading as I can about Navy life (from the point of view of MARS Officer in particular) and BOTC and all the training one goes through etc...

The more I learn, the more excited I get.  And reading all the posts in the forums shows me just how welcoming and encouraging so many people are.  I am very grateful for all the resources available to me.

I was issued all the kit at St. Jean, and returned all the 'green' stuff.  I didn't get anything on NETP-O, they issued all the 'black' kit there and boy, was it a lot to cart from Quebec to Victoria. 

@ Rob 1972: Good luck with NOAB, I'm a DEO myself (MARS).

Sea Dragon said:
I was issued all the kit at St. Jean, and returned all the 'green' stuff.  I didn't get anything on NETP-O, they issued all the 'black' kit there and boy, was it a lot to cart from Quebec to Victoria. 

@ Rob 1972: Good luck with NOAB, I'm a DEO myself (MARS).

Sea Dragon, what stage of the training are you in right now and when did you do BOTC?  I would love to hear any thoughts you might have about it (either post here or send me a message).  Also, I am trying not to ask silly questions, but I can't seem to find out what NETP-O means.  Can someone help with that?  Also, could someone explain what it is all about?  Thanks so much everyone.

Naval Environmental Training Program - Officer. When you go for your NOAB you will get to tour the damage control school and get a good idea what its all about.

Back