• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Does anyone hear any further application progress after CFAT in Feb?

sha106

Inactive
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I took my CFAT on Feb 11th 2015 and passed it for DEO entry, but I have no chance to hear any news for interview or medical check. I contacted recruiting centre a couple weeks ago. I am just wondering if it is because there are too many previous applicants to process first. Or, anyone got a chance for an interview already after your CFAT in Feb 2015?

Thanks.

It generally takes a long time to hear back for your interview/medical after your CFAT, and many different factors can play into how fast you hear back including CFAT scores, positions and processing needs. For me, It took almost 10 months after my CFAT to hear back.

Heres a thread of application samples to refer to, to see how long it took for others

http://army.ca/forums/threads/13064.0

My CFAT was in September 12,2014 and my background check come back clean  in January and I am applaying for a cook(looks like it is always needs of cooks...) still no news about medical ore interview:(

I would be calling. I applied mid dec 2014, CFAT March 3, heard back March 9th I passed, April 16th medical and interview, heard back from Garda today about needing one more reference for work. I would be calling the center, also remember to check spam email boc.

I think it also depends if you are going PRes or RegF, I believe they prioritize RegF applicants.
Probably while prioritizing RegF applicants, your file got pushed aside and forgotten, do call or make an appointment!

Tomorrow will be exactly 11 months for me after being told to expect a call in two weeks originally for MP.  I received an email today from CFRG saying I'll be contacted within 5 business days for my medical & interview booking date. I can't stress the importance of patience during it, because for most applicants that trait will really be tested! I know mine sure was. There's nothing you can do except continue making yourself the most competitive applicant you can be. Sometimes time is a blessing in disguise.

faivious said:
I think it also depends if you are going PRes or RegF, I believe they prioritize RegF applicants.
Probably while prioritizing RegF applicants, your file got pushed aside and forgotten, do call or make an appointment!

You heard this from... ?

You shouldn't make blanket statement on forums where people come to search for valuable information. This kind of post can mislead or misinform some individuals.

As stated in many posts before on these forums, everyone's application process differs from one to the other. Some applications can take just a couple of months while others can take years, there is so many variables in every one application that it is next to impossible to predict.

fully_flared said:
Sometimes time is a blessing in disguise.

+1 to this...the more time you have between your CFAT to Medical/Interview is more time that you can upgrade things like your education,work experience and physical health/fitness which are all things that will play an important role during your medical and interview when they eventually come..

GreenWood said:
You heard this from... ?

You shouldn't make blanket statement on forums where people come to search for valuable information. This kind of post can mislead or misinform some individuals.

As stated in many posts before on these forums, everyone's application process differs from one to the other. Some applications can take just a couple of months while others can take years, there is so many variables in every one application that it is next to impossible to predict.

I've been told by multiple staff members at the CFRC that RegF get priority on med/interview.
As for his file going missing I was just guesstimating and stated it as 'probably', because its a common reoccurring incident in the recruitment process.
Sorry for the confusion.

So I find an email was sent a couple day ago from CF with another letter. Weird thing was I found it from junk mail box yesterday. The letter says, I will hear regarding to the interview appointment within 10 days. I called Vancouver recruiting centre and I heard that there are about 50 line ups now. So, it is going to be another waiting game for me.

I'd like to ask you if you can give me any advice on interview. I am currently studying on each occupation that I am applying, which are Bioscience officer, Pilot and Signals officer.

Thanks

sha106 said:
So I find an email was sent a couple day ago from CF with another letter. Weird thing was I found it from junk mail box yesterday. The letter says, I will hear regarding to the interview appointment within 10 days. I called Vancouver recruiting centre and I heard that there are about 50 line ups now. So, it is going to be another waiting game for me.

I'd like to ask you if you can give me any advice on interview. I am currently studying on each occupation that I am applying, which are Bioscience officer, Pilot and Signals officer.

Thanks

I am a recruit from CFRC Vancouver! I did the online application around Jan 28 and got a reply after 2 weeks, counted another two weeks for CFAT. Did my medical a month later then another month for the interview. I got declined as an infantry soldier so picked NCIOP and had an update interview after a week and then 1 week later I got my job offer! So far so good, no problems with CFRC VANCOUVER. You just gotta keep track of your profile, you're the one who's looking for the job. Don't wait for them to call you if they need something from you.

My only advice regarding the interview is to read the job description page  :nod: they just want to see if you did your homework. It's like a college class, instructor assigns reading materials, you come back the other day and he asks you about the article/book he assigned.

Back