• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Does BMQ start in November?

Well, my CFRC Med Tech has to fax my doctor's forms and prescription to Borden for them to look over.  Cpl at the centre said it takes about 2-weeks to hear back so Im hoping she faxed them today because they are closed tomorrow.  I was told I'm by-passing BMQ so I would either be sent to Borden for PAT until the BMQ-L started or maybe put on the next one if it stars before your BMQ is over.

Hey,

I had my interview at CFRC Toronto for the Lorne Scots (reserve infantry) yesterday. My criminal records check was sent out then and everything else for my file has been completed. There is a BMQ starting the weekend of November 18th that I am trying to make, however I was told that they have to wait for the paperwork to be sent out and come back through the mail and that I'll be barely cutting it. I really hope to make the upcoming BMQ (held at Borden) otherwise I'll have to wait until January. If anyone has been in a similar situation or knows how long it takes for these things to be processed it would be much appreciated if you could let me know. I'm stuck in this limbo and just want to find out already!

Good luck to you all!

:remembrance:

fauntania, what recruiting centre are you out of? I'm curious since the Victoria recruiting centre had just told me selections weren't being made yet. Maybe each recruiting centre has different selection dates.

I went through CFRC Vancouver, the one that's located in New Westminster.

I got my call today!! Navy RMS. Swear in January 12, leave January 21 to start January 23 so I'll see you there!!!

Still Waiting said:
I got my call today!! Navy RMS. Swear in January 12, leave January 21 to start January 23 so I'll see you there!!!
Ewww, Navy?

Just kidding, my father was a Navy cook for over 20-years.  I applied, got RSBP, but as an Air Force RMS.  Did the Infantry thing for 10-years, was enough. :)

Yeah I know. I applied for Airforce but they said the only RMS spots that opened were Navy. After a year and a half of waiting I don't really care haha.

Woot!  Congrats Stillwaiting!  Looking forward to seeing you there =) 

Hmm...I didn't get navy, I got land.

Interesting.. I wasnt around all day (and dont have voicemail) so I dont know if I got a call..

decisions decisions..

Still Waiting said:
Yeah I know. I applied for Airforce but they said the only RMS spots that opened were Navy. After a year and a half of waiting I don't really care haha.
I didn't know they could close a specific element.  Who knows though.

Well, let's just say that even though my father was Navy for 20+ years, I didn't receive any of his love for open water. :)

So I got the call today!!!! i swear in Jan 11th 2012 and head out for BMQ Jan 23 2012....  See you guys there :D :salute:

acj said:
So I got the call today!!!! i swear in Jan 11th 2012 and head out for BMQ Jan 23 2012....  See you guys there :D :salute:

I'm sure glad you panicked and second guessed the system a week ago.

Good luck.

one less twisting their knickers in a knot with angst......

I also got the call today; Navy, January 12th to swear in (or 11th, I'll confirm tomorrow) and Jan 23rd BMQ.

Sounds great. See you all there.

NDC said:
I also got the call today; Navy, January 12th to swear in (or 11th, I'll confirm tomorrow) and Jan 23rd BMQ.

Sounds great. See you all there.
Good to hear.  I won't hear back from CFRC Ottawa's MO with regards to my status for a week or so.  But I will be going to either PAT or BMQ-L so I won't be joining ya on BMQ.  Best of luck though.

Congrats guys! I'm out of CFRC Vancouver as well, but I'm still waiting for confirmation on STWD. These knickers are still knotted  :(
Hopefully I'll be on the same course though! :D

Anyone else for STWD?

Back