• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Domestic Response Coy.

Blunt Object

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey fellas, last week out unit was asked to put forth a platoon for a DRC so we did and they sent us down to London for breifings on this that and the other thing. It was kind of a waste of time because we didn't learn much and what we did learn was "way above our pay level". I tried to ask questions while I was there but the thing was thrown together so fast that nobody knew their left form their right.
I was just wondering what is going  on with these DRCs (what our role is) and such.
As far as I can tell the reserves are just here as boots on the ground if a situation gets really messy and they need more arms and legs, essentially  were just "hired muscle" for a lack of better words.  Can anyone gimme an idea of what is going to be expected of us? I'm just curious is all like to know my job.

Thanks Blunt

It's  a response from the Natural disaters that have happened in the not so past ...ice / flood / fire comes to mind and the CF's ability to be prepared to help in the future ....

I see it as the CF being proactive ... Our unit has 2 x 20 ft sea cans in our compound with  equipment  for such a case ...

It is also creating 55 class B positions in 39 Bge alone  as per the info passed by the RSM

This was a big topic at the SNR LDRS symposium a couple of weeks ago ..

Try asking your PL chain of commnad, ( your regular PL not the DRC one)

Failing that, try asking your CSM.......He will probably be delighted to clarify things for you.......

Back