• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Donald Sutherland, RIP

Just finished watching him in "Swimming with Sharks" and he looked pretty good for someone in his late '80s.

To a New Yorker like you hero is some kind of weird sandwich
RIP sir you will be missed

Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning. Think the bridge will be there and it will be there. It's a mother, beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there. Ok?

My favorite roles - Oddball, Liam Devlin in The Eagle Has Landed, and Norman Bethune in the bio pic he did of him - close resemblance BTW.

First time I saw him was 1968 in a so-so movie called Joanna, which takes place in ‘swinging London’. I was very impressed with his acting abilities even then. He was a fine actor and a great Canadian. R.I.P. Donald.

Animal House Satan GIF

One of the worst "business" deals he ever made.

Sutherland, for his part, says “Animal House” is a perfect example of the good and bad choices in his career. He loved the low-budget movie, but regrets having passed on a deal that offered him 2% of the backend. “I told them, ‘No, you need to pay me my daily rate,’ ” he recalls. “So I got $25,000 for the day, when I could have ended up with $14 million.”

Back