• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DP1 Armoured Solider

michaelayad

Reaction score
I would like to know if DP1 Course for Armoured Solider is being offered as a part time or full time only? Home Unit is QYR

Hi. I had the same question, you check it out here. BTW, I also want to join the QYR. Did you apply for Aurora or Toronto?

Hey guys, PRes DP1s are done during summertime and full-time :)
Stop.

You guys with questions on career courses, within your unit, should be speaking to your chain of command starting with your MCpls. That way you'll get up to date, topical info. Not someone's guess from the internet.

Also, there is no need to ask the same question in more than one place.

Hi. I had the same question, you check it out here. BTW, I also want to join the QYR. Did you apply for Aurora or Toronto?
Go to the nearest place, to you, that they work from. It's the same Regiment. If you have to move, it'll be no big deal.

RQ-Trooper, previously DP1, runs a couple times during the year. Around May to June for Coop students, and July to August time for the summer. Both are full time and require the member to sleep over at the armouries.

On that note, it has been broken into 3 components,

Driver wheel which is a month long and consists of driver training for the G-Wagon (LUV-W). Can be completed as a full time course, or part time on weekends.

Comms course which is a week long and consists of radio procedures and how to utilize the systems in the vehicles, as far as I know is only offered as a full time course.

RQ-Trooper which as mentioned above is a monthish long course. Consists of dismounted and mounted training. Also combines the driver wheen and comms course. This course was offered to my knowledge once as part time, but remains as a full time course.

Back