• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Drill Question for my Corps

JRouslton

Inactive
Reaction score
So, my corps (army) is getting ready for our annual inspection, and I can't seem to find the info anywhere in the drill manual.

When does the RSM join the parade?

Does the RSM fall the corps in? Or does the RSM come on with the officers, and take over?

The RSM will fall the unit in. He then turns the unit over to the officer that falls in the officers (usually the Adjutant).

AC-CR-CCP-121/PT-001
http://www.2824cops.com/wp-content/uploads/Army-Cadet-Reference-Manual.pdf

EO 401.24: ORGANIZE AN ANNUAL CADET CORPS
REVIEW
A cadet corps review is a military ceremony held on occasions such as:
a. the cadet corps annual inspection;
b. awards and presentations; and,
c. changes of command.
The drill outlined in this lesson is for a cadet corps with a strength of 30
to 40 cadets who form up in line and march past in column of route in
quick time. This parade is executed without arms. Those of you who are
familiar with CF Manual of Drill and Ceremonial
(A-PD-201-000/PT-000) will realize there are other correct ways to
stage a ceremonial review besides the one indicated here. It should also
be noted that the cadet corps annual inspection does not have Cadet
Instructor Cadre (CIC) officers on parade, so where applicable,
substitute the words "commanding officer" by "cadet commanding". The
parade appointments must be modified to suit local conditions.

Do you mean the cadet who will be filling the duties of the parade RSM, or the cadet who is your corps RSM who, being the senior cadet in your organization would likely be the cadet commanding the parade? If you mean the former, then as previously responded the Parade SM forms the parade and then turns it over to someone filling an "officer" appointment who falls in the "officers" and then turns it over to the cadet commanding the parade.

Blackadder1916 said:
AC-CR-CCP-121/PT-001

Do you mean the cadet who will be filling the duties of the parade RSM, or the cadet who is your corps RSM who, being the senior cadet in your organization would likely be the cadet commanding the parade? If you mean the former, then as previously responded the Parade SM forms the parade and then turns it over to someone filling an "officer" appointment who falls in the "officers" and then turns it over to the cadet commanding the parade.

When I said RSM, I meant the corps RSM, and as such senior cadet.

Thank you both. Your answers are exactly what I needed :)

Blackadder1916 said:
AC-CR-CCP-121/PT-001

Another concept (commonly used on the Sea side of things) is that the parade carries on as if officers never fell in - the "script" just skips past the fall-in procedure, with the DPOs, Coy CPOs, and Coxswain seeing to the same orders and processes as Div Os, Coy Cmdrs, and the XO would if fallen in. This also allows minimal hassle on those occasions where officers do fall in - everything's set up as it should be to make that happen.

This approach also has the happy bonus of cutting out a few minutes of needless on-parade hassle.

Back