• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Driver Corner Part 2

TN2IC

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Okay...well today I was in a surprised. I had an MDO road test me today. And I got dinged a few times on dumb things that are just bad habits. I know we all get them and we usually don't noticed them. But still. We must be aware of them.

To correct ourselves from getting into trouble. I know my thing was rolling stops. Even if you go pass that stop sign 50 times a day...you still go to a full stop. Now I didn't get caught by the MP's... but still. Just a heads up. Clear your mind and think.

BigB.gif

Hmmm, humbling isn't it to get re road tested on a qual'd peice of equipment and shown you're bad points?
Try doing a Roadeo, TN, THAT's humbling... ::)

I remember the first time driving in NB seeing a road sign with the name and then "Ch" at the end. I was a tad confused. But it is me again.

Okay new peeve...

folks that stop over the stop line, while your turning first. Either some folks need to wake up, or move back. Don't try to wiggly around it or the trailer. They might get a taste of the trailing wheels. He he he.

The line is there for a reason. That means you too, minivan drivers.  ;D

Hey, I got a Minivan and I always seem to make it just before or just "on" the line.  Used to doing roadeo where you get dinged points for  not being spot on.
New Peeve, people who indicate left and go right, people who indicate right and go left, or just plain don't indicate and turn whichever way they bloody well please.  :rage:

Ah...the delay signal light is great too. Thanks for putting on at the last second. Augh...anger! Air horn for you.

Ok, time to add another subject to this. Some good information I just read on my little boy school newsletter. And I would like to share. I"ll just edit some information due to PERSEC.

School buses began operating in this province in the 1950s. There have been no child fatalities on a school bus in this province. In fact, today's school buses are designed to comply with nearly 40 federal standards. School bus design is quite different from the family car in terms of size and safety features. Driver training and school bus inspections are two of the many safeguards to help protect children while on the bus.

When children are not on the school bus, but are crossing the street to and from the bus, they are exposed to traffic. Although the bus is equipped with alternating red flashing lights and a stop arm (a drop-down stop sign), drivers of other vehicles frequently ignore these signals to stop. Instead, they pass the school bus when children are likely to be directly in their path.

The penalty for passing a school bus illegally---that is, when the bus is stopped with its alternating red lights flashing--- some points against the license and a heavy fine. Yet the problem continues. In June, 2006, about 75% of bus drivers at 8 public school boards, volunteered to take part in a 10-day survey. The documented the occasions when other vehicles passed their bus illegally. There were 401 incidents in that time period.

401 incidents.. wow. One too many. Makes you think.

Back