• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Drop outs

FNG

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering what could be so bad to make ppl drop out.......I'm totally looking forward to the challenge, But i've talked to a women the other day who's son droped out but she never told me why....I understand that it's not for everybody and all i want to do is be a member of the canadian armed forces......can anyone give me some reasons why people leave so i can work to overcome those mistakes and not spend the rest of my life in regret.......thx!

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/17000.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/34712.15.html

should help you understand why people Cease Training.

FNG said:
can anyone give me some reasons why people leave
weakness, cowardice, lack of willpower, laziness, spineless-ness, idleness, lack of self-discipline, lack of drive, absence of intestinal fortitude, and the rare legitimate reason (eg. family problems).

for every  reason you can think of staying, some one on your course will come up with more reason for leaving.
biggest reason for dropping out of basic, is that they are not prepared for they were to undertake , or find out the army is not for them and just plain want out.

some cannot do the simple things like drill and fail the test PO Checks and they are gone.

some just give up, cannot take it .

no set reason it just happens, i am sure the DI staff keep stats on reason why  trainees fail, quit. maybe they  will sahre some of the funny  ones with us.

And the absolute dumbest reason for quitting ....... because your buddy is giving up and you said you'd stick together. Make sure you've joined for your own reasons, and don't quit for his.

I like paracowboy's answer. I saw all of that. I guess it's just not for everybody. Better they realize that and don't waste anyone's time, including their own. The military doesn't need people who would rather be shopping.

paracoboy hit the nail on the head.....even if no one would ever admit to any of them when they quit  :dontpanic:

paracowboy said:
weakness, cowardice, lack of willpower, laziness, spineless-ness, idleness, lack of self-discipline, lack of drive, absence of intestinal fortitude, and the rare legitimate reason (eg. family problems).

Or maybe they just realized that the CF wasn't for them. I had a sergeant that always said, when we cast aspersions on people who released, that "The CF isn't for everyone. Better they release - both for themselves and for the CF". Most of the people I've known that have released have had no shortage of motivation, willpower, or physical and mental strength, they just realized that the CF wasn't what they wanted.

There's no shame in recognizing that you made the wrong choice and taking measures to correct that mistake before it costs you a lot of time and misery and, for the CF, money AND time. Some people are weak, yes, but I think many just didn't realize what they were getting into.

Let me see....

In my BMQ platoon we lost a total of 9 men and almost my self.

1- Grandfather was on his deathbed and he wanted to be be there.
3- Decided he could not do it.  The Army lifestyle that is.
1- Was not physically ready and decided to VR instead of putting a strain on the Platoon.
1- Was injured during a PT Run  ::) Wont go into that one.
1- Was legitematly injured During a Ruck march
1- Just in no way was ever ever going to make it through the first 2 weeks (Narcoleptic, was always sleeping)
1- Failed the PT test Mind you he was 45 yrs old

Myself,  I didnt think the separation from my wife and kids would be so hard on me.  But thanks to my Sergent whom has become my Friend he helped me realize I could make it through BMQ and what ever the CF could throw at me.

Some people are just not right for the CF, whether it is Physically or Mentally.  We as the CF as a whole should never look down on these people but instead should thank them for realizing this long before they push through and then become the SHIT PUMPS that we end up hating.

So I raise a cheer to these people,  Hip Hip Horray.

Carefull, thems fightin words. ;)

Bull_STR said:
1- Was injured during a PT Run   ::) Wont go into that one.

No need to, I think the rolly eyes handle that quite nicely!!  ;)

dearryan said:

Carefull, thems fightin words. ;)

Tsk tsk// I know some 45 year old men who could run laps around a cocky 18 year old... I agree... Touchy words ;)

armyjewelz said:
Tsk tsk// I know some 45 year old men who could run laps around a cocky 18 year old... I agree... Touchy words ;)

and i know cocky 18 year olds who could run laps around 45 year old men, it goes both ways.

---- DUH-----

You are good at missing points huh? :)

armyjewelz said:

Here here! I am in the pipeline now and plan to be running laps around cocky 18 year olds sometime in the new year. I will be 44 then.

spud said:
I am in the pipeline now and plan to be running laps around cocky 18 year olds sometime in the new year.

Go Spud Go!! Good luck to you, show them what you've got!!
:D

spud said:
Here here! I am in the pipeline now and plan to be running laps around cocky 18 year olds sometime in the new year. I will be 44 then.

my father is 48 smokes and still runs faster then most of the privates hes in charge of, he keeps challengeing me for a run and a ruck sac march, ill show that old man how things are done!  ;D

Back