• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Drug induced psychosis

cattleherd

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
10
As title suggests, had a bad LSD trip and a hospital stay for 3 days due to drug induced psychosis. This was over 5 years ago. Discharge papers fasley claim I had a poly substance use disorder too (cannabis and mushrooms). I've since turned my life around and never took LSD since that time (2021). Haven't took surplus since 2022. Am recently graduating university with honors and I volunteer and turned my life around. I rarely smoke weed (once every few months now) and I feel like this hospital stay is coming back to haunt me. Idk what to do at this point I'm 31 and feel like a loser and hopeless for the future (I've tried applying to countless jobs). Do u think I will be denied in the military? I already know I'm going to get rejected for aircrew but what about other trades?
 
Before you apply to the military as a last ditch effort to find work you should do some research about the military as a career and the lifestyle that comes with it.
I've done the research and it seems like something that aligns with my own personal values such as integrity, overcoming challenges, and serving the greater good. I've dealt with a lot of setbacks and overcame them and its made me stronger. I feel like the CAF will help me grow and build a fulfilling career unlike what u can find in the civil world.
 
Unfortunately, none of us here can give you a solid answer on whether you would be medically screened out or not. You do need to be completely honest with the Recruiting staff and disclose everything (failure to do so can lead to a future release of Irregular Enrolment which isn't good). I suspect your file would be tagged for further review be medical - it may add a delay, but that doesn't automatically mean it's rejected. Have you thought about what military occupation(s) line up the most with your goals and interests?
 
Well I'm graduating with a comp sci degree so I looked into signals, aere, cele, navy combat officer. I'm in the pipeline for ACSO and Pilot but I guess my history is a no go. Rereading the medical discharge is so disheartening. Thanks for your follow up message really appreciate it.
 
Back
Top