• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Drug Testing For TF 1-07

I feel so sorry for those remaining members of TF 107 who may have a vital member of their group sent back to their unit for testing positive for a banned substance.

These people have trained hard to the extent that they know their fellow soldiers strengths and weakness. They know that they can rely on them during a situation. I hope this unfortunate incident will not compromise their cohesion as a fighting unit.

There was no "unfortunate incident".  If the rumours pan out (and yes, they are still rumours), than ANYONE caught using banned substances are the ones to blame, not the system.  If person x were caught using drug y, and if drug y is banned for recreational use by the CF, then person x has undermined any cohesion, not the system.  Person x then has been exposed as not being reliable during a situation, in spite of any casual observations to that point.  In other words, person x deceived others to his/her use of y.

von Garvin said:
There was no "unfortunate incident".  If the rumours pan out (and yes, they are still rumours), than ANYONE caught using banned substances are the ones to blame, not the system.  If person x were caught using drug y, and if drug y is banned for recreational use by the CF, then person x has undermined any cohesion, not the system.  Person x then has been exposed as not being reliable during a situation, in spite of any casual observations to that point.  In other words, person x deceived others to his/her use of y.

They are not rumours, people are being returned to their home units as I type this. How many? I am not sure. Its a done deal.

Better to find out now than to find out about this when your life is on the line in a firefight.

GUNS said:
They are not rumours, people are being returned to their home units as I type this. How many? I am not sure. Its a done deal.
What I mean is this: unless it's in the MSM (which it may very well be), it's best to leave it be until detail is released in the open source media.

GUNS said:

The fact that they are being returned to their Home Units is not an unfortunate incident. They knew the rules, and the career implications, and they still broke them. Too bad.

The " unfortunate incident" is directed towards the remaining members of the TF. They have lost people who they have trained with and come to rely on. Now they have to find people to replace those that left  I know way approve drug use within the military, I feel for those that remain, who are true to their convictions. Drug users deserve what DND has planned for them and I hope they learn from this.

Guns,
1.  The troops who remain are better off without those who do not know how to control themselves.
2.  If a Coy lost the equivalent of a section or a platoon, then they will look at the personnel that they have in reserve (rear guard).  If they won't do the trick, then the CF will see about obtaining trained replacements from the even numbered TFs not scheduled for deployment but having trained just as long as the Odd numbered one.

geo,

Totally agree, they knew what they signed up for and should have acted accordingly.

I was speaking as if I was in the situation where my training partner after all these months left, for whatever reason.

You know from experience that " bonds" form when you are in close proximity to the same person/person's for an extended period of time.

The "bond" is not the same with a replacement.

You know, the warnings from some of the mods irritate me..........why not publish the names of the guilty?? Someone gets a DUI, it is in the news, someone gets charged for AWOL, it is in routine orders. It isn't Johnny Public's fault so and so smoked a doobie or other things. Post them, humiliate the, shame them.

2023 said:
You know, the warnings from some of the mods irritate me..........why not publish the names of the guilty?? Someone gets a DUI, it is in the news, someone gets charged for AWOL, it is in routine orders. It isn't Johnny Public's fault so and so smoked a doobie or other things. Post them, humiliate the, shame them.
And if anyone gets charged in relation to drug use...it'll be published in Routine Orders too. Or better yet, you may find them on the JAG web-site:

http://www.forces.gc.ca/jag/military_justice/cmartials_and_appeals/default_e.asp

If it becomes official, then it may be worth posting in this forum, until then it's still nothing but idle speculation and unconfirmed gossip.

Yeah, but you don't really get court martialled for failing a piss test. There needs to be a bigger crime committed such as trafficking, etc. I agree, rumours aren't required, facts are. But once they are facts.......................let er rip!!!!!!!!! :skull:

2023 said:
Yeah, but you don't really get court martialled for failing a piss test. There needs to be a bigger crime committed such as trafficking, etc. I agree, rumours aren't required, facts are. But once they are facts.......................let er rip!!!!!!!!! :skull:

No they don't go the CM route normally, but they are published in ROs.

2023 said:
Post them, humiliate the, shame them.
get Mike sued  ::)

Gooood plan. It makes open source, it's news and public domain. Until then, everyone keeps their yaps shut on speculation.

Attention members of the Media:

some of you, and you know damn well who you are, have been attempting to circumvent the Military iin gathering info on this particular subject, by soliciting via pm.

It stops. Now.

I get one more complaint, and you are banned, and will be reported to your employer, and the PAFF O.

Show some integrity. Look the word up, if you have to.

2023 said:

Well!  Everyone I have heard of has faced Disciplinary Action.  I am sure that had they elected a Courts Martial, they would have got one.  As is, most got time in Edmonton.  If you in your Regiment do not do the same, it is not our fault but your own.  In your capacity and rank you ought to know.  As for you ending comments, that is what we hope to do on this site to prevent any legal problems for the site owner.  If it has been passed through the official channels and becomes 'open source', then all is fair game.

paracowboy said:
Attention members of the Media:

some of you, and you know damn well who you are, have been attempting to circumvent the Military iin gathering info on this particular subject, by soliciting via pm.

It stops. Now.

I get one more complaint, and you are banned, and will be reported to your employer, and the PAFF O.

Show some integrity. Look the word up, if you have to.

Just sent a " Sorry" to a reporter from Halifax, who is looking for info about TF 107

How about we all just wait for the charge reports, before we get into any sort of speculation.

George Wallace said:
Well!  Everyone I have heard of has faced Disciplinary Action.  I am sure that had they elected a Courts Martial, they would have got one.  As is, most got time in Edmonton.  If you in your Regiment do not do the same, it is not our fault but your own.  In your capacity and rank you ought to know.  As for you ending comments, that is what we hope to do on this site to prevent any legal problems for the site owner.  If it has been passed through the official channels and becomes 'open source', then all is fair game.

All Knowing George,

If you test in this circumstance there can be no disciplinary action taken against you. Adminstrative action is the only "punishment". In some cases, this type of action is worse.

you know...I just don't get it!  It just don't make sense! 
I had Intel about something that was well published in the Fredericton area, a week before the rest of Canada, both in the  local media, and yeah, sure scuttle-butt, and for the most part I'm getting slammed????... You don't got to be a bloody rocket scientist to put 2 and 2 together!  I got eyes, ears, I read the newpapers...I figured this military community mayyyyy just want to know, in way of a head's up. 
I'm F****ING sorry!  I was obviously wrong!

J  :rage:

Back