• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DS Interview - The Librarian

armyvern

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Well, I see Good2Golf is leading by example again so I guess I'll giddy-up and go with it!!

What brought you to Army.ca?
Undoubtedly, a clothing question I ran across while surfing the net during one of my many hours of insomnia.

What kept you here?
The people, the camaraderie, and the clothing questions, which never seem to stop.

What made you consider becoming a Staff member here?
I was asked. Figured what the heck, I'm up anyway!!

If you were CDS, what's the first thing you'd do?
Deploy me on another tour!!

What is your favourite aspect of Army.ca?  
It's usefulness. The camaraderie, the humor (and lack of it sometimes!), and it's ability to remain dedicated to professionalism.

What is your least favourite aspect of Army.ca?
The disrespect which is sometimes shown by members towards other trades, environments, countries and cultures.

What do/did you enjoy most about the military lifestyle?
Everything. The moving, the operations, the fellowship, the professionalism displayed by soldiers and most of all, the lifelong friends. There truly is "no life like it."

What do/did you enjoy least?
Coming across someone who joined the CF as a job, with no intent to deploy, who doesn't seem to realize that it's a lifestyle, not a job.

What is your favourite war movie or scene?
The Longest Day. Absolutely.

What book are you currently reading?
"Public Executions" as it contains material related to my great grandfather(to the nth power), Edward Wightman, who was the last man executed by being burned at the stake (for heresy, 1612) in England.1

What is your favourite quote?

A very wise man once told me, "Patience dear, it is a virtue you know."

What is your favourite kind of music or favourite band?
None really, I've got everything from Bach, to Rammstein to Muddy Waters on my MP3 player.

What is your favorite drink? (E.G. Coffee, Tea, Beer, other...?)
Well an Extra Large Black from Timmies will do it every time, followed closely by tequila.

What do you do on your free time (other than Army.ca, of course)?
I am a Scout leader, life guard and insomniac. I'm learning how to work my digi-cam quite well and I read...a lot!!

What do you do in the military?
I have 19 years in the military (as of 12 Jan 07) and am a Supply Tech. I have been posted to Halifax, Petawawa, Gagetown (twice), Trenton and Charlottetown. I have a few tours, and quite few taskings and wear the Army uniform.

Are you married?
Yes, to an RCR.

Do you have any children?
Yes - One son who will soon be 1314, and a daughter who just turned 12.

Do you have any pets?
1 dog, 3 cats, many goldfish. Although they all live with my husband and children right now as we are not posted together.

What's the most memorable thing you have done or seen?
This is top secret. Those in my trade are probably aware of my most memorable 'moment.'  ;D

Describe one thing you believe Army.ca visitors should know about you.
I try to be as helpful as I can on matters relating to Supply and am a very proud soldier, Supply Tech and Canadian. I strongly believe that all trades and environments are critical to the success of the Canadian Forces and that only by respecting all members of this great Team can we prosper.

1Gawthorne, Nigel, Public Executions: From Ancient Rome to the Present Day. London: 
    Arcturus Publishing Ltd, 2006, p. 145-148.

Very interesting.  Thanks for sharing a part of your life,Vern.
YIS, BYT

Hi ArmyVern.......Very interesting.  Uhm I think I may have gone to school with you.  I know this is not the place to but if could PM you I would love to know if you are who I think you are!  

Happy New year!
DFW2T

DFW2T said:
Hi ArmyVern.......Very interesting.  Uhm I think I may have gone to school with you.  I know this is not the place to but if could PM you I would love to know if you are who I think you are!  

Happy New year!
DFW2T

PM inbound.

No school talk here, I had some memorable moments there as well!!  ;D

Pleased to meet you!  I have been following your contributions to this forum for quite a while and am impressed with your comments which always add something positive/informative/humourous/thought-provoking to the topic at hand....and I thank you for all that

fiddlehead said:
Pleased to meet you!   I have been following your contributions to this forum for quite a while and am impressed with your comments which always add something positive/informative/humourous/thought-provoking to the topic at hand....and I thank you for all that

Thanks for that!! I do my best trying to help out, it's my job 24/7!!  ;D

DFW2T said:

Happy New year!
DFW2T

Hmmmm... if you went to school with Vern, you went to school with me too!

SamIAm said:
Hmmmm... if you went to school with Vern, you went to school with me too!
PM inbound SIA...

I'm sure you know him too!!

Hey Vern

Have a Happy New Year (yeah - the whole year) and many more

CHIMO!

Once again Vern ... You Rock!  One of these days I'm going to have to buy you and yours a coupla shots.
Later
Bern

All hail Vern for cracking the boy's club of the DS world
worthy2.gif

(I don't think there are any other feminine ones are there?  I mean, besides that flyboy ;))

Great to have met you over the holidays.  Only proved further what an awesome person you are, and knowledgeable and approachable and and ........I could keep going.  :D

Yes there have been two female DS for longer than I have been around.....

I stand corrected!  Well, congrats still on the new position Vern.  Er, maybe "position" is the wrong word?  ::)

Congrads. Vern. Good decision in having you on DS staff.

Congrats Vern! You'll make one outstanding moderator... but I may be a bit biased since your my fave fellow redhead.  ;D

Congrats and blessings! ;D
Is it impertinent to ask why you chose your nickname? The Librarian? ???

IN HOC SIGNO said:
Congrats and blessings! ;D
Is it impertinent to ask why you chose your nickname? The Librarian? ???

I formerly had another moniker, but due to great looks and personality, changed it to be more "reflective" of my true self.  ;D

No. In all honesty, I just got glasses in the fall. Quite a few people at work, and here on the forum kept telling me that I now resembled a Librarian. I switched it out as a joke initially, but it has seemed to stick with me.

Back