• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DWAN account setup

PteAJL

Inactive
Reaction score
Got an email from my unit OR saying my DWAN account was ready. They said contact the service desk.

However they didnt give a number or extension. My unit is based out of Denison Armoury in Toronto. can anyone help here?

Your unit should have the contact number for the ASU Toronto Help Desk if this one doesn't work:

613-687-5511 Ext 7447

Of course, the help desk (quite a misnomer, that) is not available evenings or weekends,  making them all but useless to many class A reservists.

PteAJL said:
Got an email from my unit OR saying my DWAN account was ready. They said contact the service desk.

However they didnt give a number or extension. My unit is based out of Denison Armoury in Toronto. can anyone help here?

You have to logon from a DWAN computer to set up your account.

The number for the HELP DESK is on a sticker on the DWAN computer.

You will need a telephone.

How easy is that?

George Wallace said:
You have to logon from a DWAN computer to set up your account.

The number for the HELP DESK is on a sticker on the DWAN computer.

You will need a telephone.

How easy is that?

Not ever where does it like that George......

NFLD Sapper said:
Not ever where does it like that George......

2 ASG....or whatever they call themselves now, does it that way.  The question was asked about an account under their administration (2 ASG) in Downsview.  Such a simple thing as sticking a sticker on the computer with the TOLL FREE phone number to the HELP DESK should be a no brainer for the IT folks to follow......But that would be asking for some form of common sense too; wouldn't it?

dapaterson said:
Of course, the help desk (quite a misnomer, that) is not available evenings or weekends,  making them all but useless to many class A reservists.

I have called during the day and explained I was Cl A and would not be at my computer until an evening later in the week. They gave me a password with a limited life and I was able to log on when I paraded.

Now, if you've crashed your computer, screwed up the software or something other than a password reset or initial logon, our Unit IT person, usually the RQ or Ops WO, would be there during the day to get it fixed.

George Wallace said:
2 ASG....or whatever they call themselves now, does it that way.  The question was asked about an account under their administration (2 ASG) in Downsview.  Such a simple thing as sticking a sticker on the computer with the TOLL FREE phone number to the HELP DESK should be a no brainer for the IT folks to follow......But that would be asking for some form of common sense too; wouldn't it?

:facepalm: missed that part George...

Back